Sound Issues(Nitro 5 AN 515-54)

Options
Blakotron
Blakotron Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi There,

I recently bought a Nitro 5 AN 515-54 laptop.

Before I tried anything I updated the PC to Win 1903 may update.

After finishing all updates and installing a game I realised my 3.5mm jack headset would not work.

When I plugged in the headset it recognised the analogue port being used and asked what device, I picked headset.

all I got was a noisy line sound and audio wasnt working.

I tried onboard speakers and no sound.

I checked all the devices and I could not see the High Definition audio, only Speaker(Realtek (R) Audio). I have checked device manager, reinstalled audio drivers (the realtek driver did install High Definition audio but then it disappeared and the driver kept looping the install).

I unstalled drivers to let the system detect etc and nothing has worked.

Have any of you had audio driver problems since updating to Win 1903 or does it sound like I have an out of the box hardware fault?

I havent checked any BIOS stuff as I am not sure what I am doing in that regard.

Thanks,

blako

Answers

• ZynFaith
    ZynFaith Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    Options
    Попробуйте удалить аудиодрайвер с помощью DDU (безопасный режим, перезагрузка). Затем загрузите аудиодрайвер с веб-сайта Acer (http://bit.ly/2Hx1G0I), установите его и перезагрузите компьютер.
    Также вы можете удалить графический драйвер, скачать (nvidia webstie) и установить (у меня это было, потому что видеодрайверы для выхода HDMI конфликтовали с аудиодрайверами)
    P.S. install latest bios from acer website, it can provide support to win 1903.

Try removing the audio driver using DDU (safe mode, reboot). Then download the audio driver from the Acer website (http://bit.ly/2Hx1G0I), install it and restart the computer.You can also remove the graphics driver, download (nvidia webstie) and install (I had it because the video drivers for HDMI output were conflicting with the audio drivers)P.S. install latest bios from acer website, it can provide support to win 1903.

[Edited using Google Translator as post was posted in Russian Language - Acer-David]
  • Blakotron

Tinkerer

Options
    thank you I will give these a go.
  • Blakotron

Tinkerer

Options
    So I installed Bios updates and even reset laptop and rolled back the windows update and reinstalled drivers from Acer website and speakers and audio would still not work.

I didnt use DDU as i didnt want to cause any damage to the laptop being only 1 week old.

I removed graphics drivers as well, nothing has worked.

Im thinking it may be a hardware fault.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Blakotron DDU is very safe and will NOT harm your laptop, DDU runs a clean uninstall of a driver, removing drivers yourself often leaves files which can corrupt the new install, that is why @ZynFaith advised you to run DDU. In my opinion this is not a hardware fault. I know this sounds stupid but have you made sure your volume is unmuted and turned up high

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Blakotron

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    @Blakotron DDU is very safe and will NOT harm your laptop, DDU runs a clean uninstall of a driver, removing drivers yourself often leaves files which can corrupt the new install, that is why @ZynFaith advised you to run DDU. In my opinion this is not a hardware fault. I know this sounds stupid but have you made sure your volume is unmuted and turned up high
    thank you.

Yes I have tried all volume settings etc.

I just ran DDU. Dont think it did anything, same as before, no High Definition audio and only Speaker(Realtek (R) Audio) which doesnt give me any sounds
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    It's definitely a software issue let  me think

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Blakotron

Tinkerer

Options
    realtek control panel isnt there in the windows control panels, i tried installing the windows 10 package installer and it installs, then reboots, uninstalls, try to reinstall again and keeps going in a loop.
  • Yamamba
    Yamamba Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    Did you ever resolve your issue? I uninstalled my Realtek Audio HD driver as well and can't reinstall it even though I had downloaded a version from the Realtek site.
  • cra5how
    cra5how Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hello,

The solution that worked for me was going to the app settings of your "Realtek Audio Console" and setting the app permission to run in background. Just turn on the "Background apps" settings.

Hope it helps.

• CorWinTheOrder
    CorWinTheOrder Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Any other solutions, please?
    Windows 1909 already, no changes.
  • undoubled_storm
    undoubled_storm Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    did you find any other solutions by chance?
  • Mahmoud711
    Mahmoud711 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Blakotron said:
    Hi There,

I recently bought a Nitro 5 AN 515-54 laptop.

Before I tried anything I updated the PC to Win 1903 may update.

After finishing all updates and installing a game I realised my 3.5mm jack headset would not work.

When I plugged in the headset it recognised the analogue port being used and asked what device, I picked headset.

all I got was a noisy line sound and audio wasnt working.

I tried onboard speakers and no sound.

I checked all the devices and I could not see the High Definition audio, only Speaker(Realtek (R) Audio). I have checked device manager, reinstalled audio drivers (the realtek driver did install High Definition audio but then it disappeared and the driver kept looping the install).

I unstalled drivers to let the system detect etc and nothing has worked.

Have any of you had audio driver problems since updating to Win 1903 or does it sound like I have an out of the box hardware fault?

I havent checked any BIOS stuff as I am not sure what I am doing in that regard.

Thanks,

blako
    did you find any other solutions by chance?
    hey everyone I came here to look for an answer too but I tried something different and worked for me hope it works for you!
    Earlier I was using my earphones just fine.. but once, I found out the audio output is speakers -while my earphones are plugged in and got the notification of "new device select it's type"- so i downloaded latest Realtek audio console from acer website, ran it then pressed on "device advanced settings" then changed the type from "headphones->speaker out" and it works now even after changing it back to headphones, hope it works wi
  • ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA
    ASWIFT3USERFROMINDIA Member Posts: 121 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    hey did you fix the problem