Random shut downs after Win 10 Aug 19 update Aspire 5, A515-41G-157D

Jacinta
Jacinta Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Aspire 5, A515-41G-157D Windows 10, randomly shut downs after the forced Windows 10 August 2019 update.

So, I searched the internet and followed the solutions in the post
  “Windows 10 randomly shutting down. 30 Jul 19”
  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-randomly-shutting-down/18b9b1ee-c164-4ea5-a5c4-a342d78b491d
from Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20.
  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/331f499e-d285-41ed-a5ee-1e5e9f3cf989

After I did a “System Reset” and restored my log ins, it felt as though the problem was resolved. The feeling didn’t last long.

Now my Aspire runs really hot and suddenly stops/shuts down.

Another “System Reset” produced the same results.

My Aspire is unusable after only a few minutes of operation.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Jacinta

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi egydiocoelho,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I updated my monitor driver and that fix the problem.

Cheers

Answers

• Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jacinta

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi egydiocoelho,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I updated my monitor driver and that fix the problem.

Cheers