ConceptD keyboard

keyBOardMAN
keyBOardMAN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2019 Archives
I live in Finland but I bought my laptop from Germany, so the Y and Z keys have swapped places with each other from what I'm used to. Is it hard to detach the keys and then attach them again or will I just break my keyboard trying?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon keyBOardMAN !

Swapping the keys will not work as the keyboard base will remain the same.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Sorry no. The KB is integrated with the upper case and is country-specific. There are separate part nos for Nordic and German KBs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• keyBOardMAN
    keyBOardMAN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes I know this and actually the keyboard base is just right. But the keys are wrong. When I press the key with the letter Z in it, I get an Y and vice versa. This is why I'd like to swap them.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    If you're otherwise happy with the keyboard, you may be able to swap the Y and Z keys with keyboard remapper software. Here's a link showing what different keyboard remappers seem to be available for Windows. https://lifehacker.com/the-best-key-remapper-for-windows-5883003
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ