Acer nitro 5 AN515-43-R41A PCIE NVME M.2 slot 1 does it support x4 lane or x2 only?

Options
Nomad1911
Nomad1911 Member Posts: 2 New User
I'm planning to upgrade the stock 256GB nvme with Samsung 970 evo nvme 500GB and I want to make sure if my acer nitro 5 will support running x4 lanes in slot 1 of my m.2 nvme. if I upgrade will I get the full potential of Samsung 970 evo nvme running in x4 lane speed.

Acer nitro 5 AN515-43-R41A 

Ryzen 5 3550H
4GB DDR4 RAM
256GB M.2 NVME ssd
1TB HDD
Dual M.2 slot

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    You can check this by installing HWiNFO64 free program, run it, expand BUS, expand PCIe Bus, then highlight each PCI Express Root Ports and check the value for Maximum Link width in the right pane, if it's 2x then you have 2 lanes enabled.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
    Example:

EDIT:
    Most probably 2lanes enabled because others have installed only 2 lanes enabled M.2 SSD and none of them have a 4lanes M.2 SSD.

• Nomad1911
    Nomad1911 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    You can check this by installing HWiNFO64 free program, run it, expand BUS, expand PCIe Bus, then highlight each PCI Express Root Ports and check the value for Maximum Link width in the right pane, if it's 2x then you have 2 lanes enabled.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
    Example:

EDIT:
    Most probably 2lanes enabled because others have installed only 2 lanes enabled M.2 SSD and none of them have a 4lanes M.2 SSD.

Thanks for the reply and I found what I was looking for. now I can upgrade my stock nvme and get the full potential of the samsumg 970 evo 500gb nvme on my laptop.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE SAME MODEL AS MINE. IT HAS 4X LANE ENABLED FOR NEWER VERSIONS OF NVME THE STOCK NVME WAS 2X ENABLED ONLY.

• arvinkent18
    arvinkent18 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    How about Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R3TY? Do it support x4 lane too. I think we have the same model the only difference is "R3TY"
  • Mateusresende
    Mateusresende Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I buy new  model, 

An515-44-r8hn . 

It comes with new chip of the new generation Ryzen 7, 4800h. And I don't understand why it's with X2 Gen. U

m notebook with modern chip of this?

It was a surprise. I didn't even worry because I knew it would come with everything recent.