Odd high pitched sound coming from computer? Helios 300 PH317-52-77LX

Bgames
Bgames Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello. Third post on this website(yay)! So the day I bought my computer and put in on my desk I noticed a high pitched sound coming from my computer. I thought it was coil whine which wouldn’t be a problem since my headphones block sound really well and I can barely hear my fan. But the thing is, you can only hear it in certain conditions. If you’re too close to the computer you won’t hear it. If youre too far from the computer you won’t hear it either. It’s really odd and I hope it’s not the sign of some faulty component. Help!

Answers

• What is the notebook model? Also, does noise occur when I connect the notebook to the power adapter or when you use the notebook on battery power?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bgames
    What is the notebook model? Also, does noise occur when I connect the notebook to the power adapter or when you use the notebook on battery power?
    Its the Predator Helios 300 2019 and it happens both with the power adapter on and when using the battery.
  • What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bgames
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.

PH317-52-77LX I think.

• Can you record a video of the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bgames
    Can you record a video of the problem?
    I would’ve but the video has plenty of other sounds (that i could only hear through the videos) that make it completely inaudible
  • Is it audible indoors?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bgames
    Is it audible indoors?
    What do you mean? If you mean you can hear it in a house then yes but I don’t know about outside
  • If the sound of the problem you are referring to, whether it is audible in a confined or isolated place, allows video to be recorded? Also, where in the notebook do you hear the sound?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bgames
    If the sound of the problem you are referring to, whether it is audible in a confined or isolated place, allows video to be recorded? Also, where in the notebook do you hear the sound?
    Yes i can hear it indoors and im not exactly sure but i think it’s coming from the right side of the computer where the USB ports are.
  • OK! Is it possible to hear the sound of the problem in a recording? Have you checked if the problem persists after the internal battery has been reset?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bgames
    OK! Is it possible to hear the sound of the problem in a recording? Have you checked if the problem persists after the internal battery has been reset?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    No I cannot hear it in a recording because of other sounds that are amplified and drown out the issue. What would be the point of a battery reset? Not to be rude but I don’t see the point 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Eliminate any problem with energy.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Khelgar
    Khelgar Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I heard a similar noise from Helios 500 at low fan speeds (auto), however the noise disappeared once i set any custom fan speed, slower or faster. Odd thing.
  • Bgames
    Khelgar said:
    I heard a similar noise from Helios 500 at low fan speeds (auto), however the noise disappeared once i set any custom fan speed, slower or faster. Odd thing.
    I’m going to try using custom fan speed, see if it disappears as well.
    Eliminate any problem with energy.
    Are you sure this won’t harm the battery? I’m worried.
  • Have you reset the battery yet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• This will not harm the battery or notebook. However, you turn off the notebook and unplug it from the socket.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PercyworePol0
    PercyworePol0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Bgames said:
    Hello. Third post on this website(yay)! So the day I bought my computer and put in on my desk I noticed a high pitched sound coming from my computer. I thought it was coil whine which wouldn’t be a problem since my headphones block sound really well and I can barely hear my fan. But the thing is, you can only hear it in certain conditions. If you’re too close to the computer you won’t hear it. If youre too far from the computer you won’t hear it either. It’s really odd and I hope it’s not the sign of some faulty component. Help!
    I have the same problem with the 300. In my speakers and in my headphones