Tips and Recommended Apps for Chromebooks ?

Options
chikachu
chikachu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, new Chromebook owner here, but a long time Android user. Looking for some "must-have" apps for Chromebooks.

So far, the only "must-have" apps I found : Linux Terminal (beta) and "crosh" (ctrl+alt+T) in Chrome browser : these probably are not available on Android tablets.

Best Answer

• Blues
    Blues Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    chikachu said:
    Hi, new Chromebook owner here, but a long time Android user. Looking for some "must-have" apps for Chromebooks.

So far, the only "must-have" apps I found : Linux Terminal (beta) and "crosh" (ctrl+alt+T) in Chrome browser : these probably are not available on Android tablets.
    All the important apps from google are pre-loaded in the device. However, i would recommend to use ADBlocker extension from chrome webstore to protect from unwanted ads and banners. 

Alternatively you can use combination of Ctrl + ? to get HELP option. This would give a complete chromebook tour. This is very easy and best way to work with chromebooks. 
    If my comment gives you a solution then please hit on "Yes"
    If you like or agree to my comment then please hit "Like"

Answers

• Blues
    Blues Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    chikachu said:

All the important apps from google are pre-loaded in the device. However, i would recommend to use ADBlocker extension from chrome webstore to protect from unwanted ads and banners. 

Alternatively you can use combination of Ctrl + ? to get HELP option. This would give a complete chromebook tour. This is very easy and best way to work with chromebooks. 
    If my comment gives you a solution then please hit on "Yes"
    If you like or agree to my comment then please hit "Like"
  • chikachu
    chikachu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    "CrossOver" app to install and run a pre-canned list of Windows EXEs on Chromebook. It's based on WINE, so I guess 32-bit only ?