Acer AH101 - Why is my headset always asleep after restarting it?

JammDiesToMusicJammDiesToMusic Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2019 in Gaming Accessories
So for a while now I have had my headset and I have been pretty happy that I got it but a month or two ago I started to face the problem that when I unplug my headset then plug it back in a little later is automatically goes to sleep mode. So I decided to uninstall it from my PC then reinstall it after a restart, it worked fine till I unplugged it and plugged it back in again then it when back into sleep mode. I have been searching for answers but I found nothing I am not sure if it is my headset or it is the program. So I reset my whole PC trying to see if its a problem with a windows update but its not that I still have that problem no matter what even if I leave my headset plugged in its just if I close the program but I can't have VR always running in the background plus it has never been like this the first time I got it.

Headset: Acer AH101
Processor: AMD Athlon X4 760k
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 560

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 11,632 Trailblazer
    I'm guessing it's something to do with the power saving mode in the USB port. Does it wake back up after a bit?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JammDiesToMusicJammDiesToMusic Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    I'm guessing it's something to do with the power saving mode in the USB port. Does it wake back up after a bit?
    No I even tested it out to see if I just leave it plugged in and I went back to the Mixed Reality Portal and still nothing
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 11,632 Trailblazer
    Hmm, does it disappear from Device Manager?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.