144hz panel not working for helios 300 G3-571

Options
harshmehta
harshmehta Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have helios 300 2017 varient and recently I bought a  144hz panel for it (panel not monitor) now the default config is set to 120 hz and whenever i try to change it to 144hz using CRU it gives me black screen(gives flickers over 135hz). so is the helios not compatible or are there some settings

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    It's g3-571-77qk
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This notebook model come with a 30 pin edp cable. The 144hz displays come with a 40-pin edp cable. I believe this limits the refresh rate.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    This notebook model come with a 30 pin edp cable. The 144hz displays come with a 40-pin edp cable. I believe this limits the refresh rate.
    The display I ordered was a 30pin edp 144hz display the model number is"NV156FHM-N4B"
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! You're right:

Have you tried changing here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    OK! You're right:

Have you tried changing here?

Yes that's what I am changing its stable till 120hz after that it starts flickering and at 144hz it just becomes a black screen (I Used CRU for extra refresh rates)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    Oops thats sad:'( thanks alot tho
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried updating the drivers to see if the problem still persists?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried updating the drivers to see if the problem still persists?
    Yep my Intel is up-to-date so is my bios
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    up-to-date drivers nvidia too? 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    Yep gtx1060 is up to date too
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Yep gtx1060 is up to date too
    What's your Intel HD driver date?
  • JohnCena
    Options
    Or if there's a iGPU option in BIOS, enable Nvidia.
  • harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    That's sad gotta stick to 120hz then thanks alot tho
  • harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    JohnCena said:
    Or if there's a iGPU option in BIOS, enable Nvidia.
    I can't find an unlocked bios 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure if an unlocked bios has the option to change monitor hertz. I suggest that you do not try to unlock the risk of damaging the notebook, as if you corrupt the bios, you will have to rewrite it. Also, posting unlocking methods here in the community is not allowed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnCena
    Options
    I still think there is a solution because then why they put 144 hz panel?
  • harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm not sure if an unlocked bios has the option to change monitor hertz. I suggest that you do not try to unlock the risk of damaging the notebook, as if you corrupt the bios, you will have to rewrite it. Also, posting unlocking methods here in the community is not allowed.
    Sure ,so I think there's no way
  • harshmehta

Tinkerer

Options
    JohnCena said:
    I still think there is a solution because then why they put 144 hz panel?
    Tell me if u find something please