RAM compatibility ACER Extensa 2540

m0j0r1s1n
m0j0r1s1n Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I ran several tests regarding upgrading the RAM on my ACER Extensa 2540, so ordered 2 x 8GB corsair 1600Mhz 204- pin modules to my disappointment they are not recognized can someone confirm a suitable make.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Please edit your answer and post only the first ten numbers of partnumber. This model supports up to 16gb ddr3L ram, see: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/2540/NX.EFHEK.010.htmlI suggest that you check your current memory configuration with cpuz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you checked with the crucial tool https://www.crucial.com
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • m0j0r1s1n
    edited August 2019
    When I run it, it tells me DDR4 but other scanners tell me DDR3 which is also what came in it factory shipped.  It recognises more memory when scanned with CPU-Z but it's like the slot is disabled. That scan also tells me I have 2 slots when I HAVE 4 "1 OF 4 IN USE", is there a way to enable the slots? 
    Also I've looked in BIOS and it's basic is there an advanced BIOS trick maybe?

• Can you enter the first ten numbers of part number?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• m0j0r1s1n
    CMSX1GX3M2A1600C10 DDR3 193302036123937 CORSAIR
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• m0j0r1s1n
    NXEFHEK01080101ACF3400
    Thanks for your help so far.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Please edit your answer and post only the first ten numbers of partnumber. This model supports up to 16gb ddr3L ram, see: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/2540/NX.EFHEK.010.htmlI suggest that you check your current memory configuration with cpuz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• m0j0r1s1n
    That seems to be the problem when I use that software it tells me I have DDR3 installed, crucial’s scan recommended DDR4 I bought what was in it only difference is voltage the new RAM is 1.5v the old 1.35v is there a way to enter a BIOS that's not limited like insyder v5.0. Also CPU-Z shows the RAM being recognized when the other slot has the new RAM in it. It's just not being allocated as usable memory or recognised in Windows
  • In fact, ddr4 memories use voltage 1.2v. Can you enter the ram model you purchased? I also suggest that you try to exchange it with the dealer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• m0j0r1s1n
    Corsair CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 Enthusiast Notebook Memory Kit
  • This memory is not compatible with your model. In addition, it has XMP technology that is not supported by your model. You must replace it with a ddr3L memory.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• m0j0r1s1n
    Thanks for the help I've managed to get refunded and have DDR3L coming I will keep you posted, thanks for the help again. 
  • Ok my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• m0j0r1s1n
    It's like a new car now, thank you so much and all because of 0.15v
  • Great my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer