Extensa 2511G Intel Serial IO DMA Controller - "No drivers are installed for this device.".

Options
uxra
uxra Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
So, I was just checking my Device Manager and this happened to show up - when I open properties in device manager for Intel(R) Serial IO DMA Controller, it shows  "No drivers are installed for this device.".

I checked Acer Product Support for Extensa 2511G, no drivers for DMA. On Intel website there are DMA drivers only for intel pcs like Intel NUC. Windows Update shows no updates. There are NO DRIVERS at all for this DMA Controller.

Is this a glitch? Or there are no drivers at all? Because performance on clean windows with all drivers from windows update and acer product support is quite slow.

I have windows 10 64bit.

Device description - Intel(R) Serial IO DMA Controller

Hardware IDs: 

ACPI\VEN_INTL&DEV_9C60&REV_0003
ACPI\VEN_INTL&DEV_9C60
ACPI\INTL9C60
*INTL9C60

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    This is common depending on the original factory-installed Windows version. Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see what it can pick up for you on this. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• uxra
    Options
    JackE said:
    This is common depending on the original factory-installed Windows version. Download and install iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see what it can pick up for you on this. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Jack E/NJ

I'd like to be sure I don't install any malware that often comes with 3rd party apps. I suppose that there should be an official download for all drivers, if they exist
  • JackE
    Options
    Download and save the DriverBooster file. Then press WIN+R. Enter 'mrt'. Follow directions to run Windows malicious software removal tool on the file. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    acer must be having the serial i/o driver on the product support page.(ps: there is serial io driver there)
    otherwise
    the latest windows 1903 already has this driver builtin i think.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • JackE
    edited August 2019
    Options
    All ACER specific drivers are at this link. Due to production variations, some driver Issues may arise if the originally installed ACER Windows version is changed. This model originally shipped with installations of  Win7, Win8.1 or Win10. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• uxra
    edited August 2019
    Options
    JackE said:
    Download and save the DriverBooster file. Then press WIN+R. Enter 'mrt'. Follow directions to run Windows malicious software removal tool on the file. Jack E/NJ 
    Its easy to install malicious driver and then removing it will destroy whole system. And virus scanners might skip it as well. Overally this is a very weird suggestion

acer must be having the serial i/o driver on the product support page.(ps: there is serial io driver there)
    otherwise
    the latest windows 1903 already has this driver builtin i think.

i/o driver goes to "system devices" tab, and it is here for me. But the DMA controller is in the "Computer" tab. I installed all the drivers from product support page.

JackE said:
    All ACER specific drivers are at this link. Due to production variations, some driver Issues may arise if the originally installed ACER Windows version is changed. This model originally shipped with installations of  Win7, Win8.1 or Win10. Jack E/NJ

Yes, this is where I downloaded all drivers from, and I still get "No drivers are installed for this device" message. My model (X2511G-323A) was shipped with no OS.
  • Deejay_tech
    Options
    have you tried uninstalling this device from devige manager and rebooting.?
    what happens ?
    My personal Acer m/c's

• uxra
    Options
    have you tried uninstalling this device from devige manager and rebooting.?
    what happens ?
    no, but is it safe? Can I recover if my device won't boot?
  • Deejay_tech
    Options
    it should boot...

if you want you can create a restore point. 
    to roll back in case needed.
    My personal Acer m/c's