Acer Aspire E1-771 - Acer updater fails repeatedly August 2019

EllaMc
EllaMc Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an update that has failed repeatedly over a week now, despite repeated attempts. The problem is the updater gives me ZERO information about why it might be failing, what exactly it is, or how to fix that problem -- I assume I need the update, since Acer rarely sends out updates. I take it seriously when they do. But my Aspire suddenly is having problems with Windows 10 apps, and the update that fails is called "App Test 1.0.1"  I have enough room on my hard drive and I'm not really sure what else to do or even where to LOOK for help with this. I'd happily do the update manually, but I can't even figure out if that's an option. I'm trying to download and backup things from another app and suddenly that doesn't work - this all seems a bit coincidental, so I'd really like to see if the Acer update fixes it, but I can't get the acer update to work.

What do you do if your computer hardware tells you that you REQUIRE an update, then fails to do it? Is there somewhere to get real help?

ETA: Acer Aspire E1-771, 64bt processor & OS, 6G RAM

Answers

• This app is referring to some android device. Have you tried uninstalling it?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • EllaMc
    Oh, well that makes sense. I've not connected any devices to this computer. So I don't need it & I shall uninstall it (if I can find it.) I'll let you know if that helps. Thanks for the help. 
  • gary33436
    gary33436 Member Posts: 2 New User
    same problem..no Android here (iPhone)...Gateway model DX4850; has failed several time.  Also windows 10 update fails at 89%; I suspect this has something to do with that
  • EllaMc
    Does anyone know where this might be so I can uninstall it? I'm going to have  to trash this computer - and this is the ONLY thing I can find that might be causing other problems (Though I will say that Windows Update went fine yesterday, but I can't get things to complete downloads from the MS store, including apps that had worked fine in the past & I only uninstalled hoping a reinstallation would fix the issues. Now I have more issues than I know what to do with when it comes to being able to deal with downloads.)
  • Have you tried disk cleaning as an administrator? Have you tried restarting the windows update service?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kubotamandan
    Kubotamandan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'm here looking for info about upgrading my bios before a Win 10 install, I read an article about prepping your PC before before the download, it may help your issues, if you know who I need to speak with here about my bios please point me there. here's the article about win 10 from March 20, 2020 https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/
  • @Kubotamandan Ideally, you should create a new topic. Bios updates are risky!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer