Nitro AN515-54 CPU Heat Over 90C

Elibrone
Elibrone Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey there everyone.

I got an Nitro AN515-54 with GTX1650 and i5-9300H 2-3 weeks ago. I am playing Apex Legend with 1600*900 resolution and low settings. There are not any FPS drops or other issues but my CPU is too hot. Its peaking over 90C all the time. I am using in Balanced mode with CoolBoost ON. I also tried Stress Test with Intel Extreme Utility. It passed the test with max 89C. Its a brand new laptop so i am a bit worried with these temps. What can i do?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    @Elibrone There is nothing wrong with doing that except you are not getting the best performance. The temperatures you have stated are FINE and not a problem. If the CPU is running too hot the Laptop will  drop the FPS or Throttle back or shut off to order to protect the CPU and you are not experiencing any of these problems. Just leave it enabled and use a powered cooling mat. If I answere your question please click YES

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Elibrone said:
    Hey there everyone.

I got an Nitro AN515-54 with GTX1650 and i5-9300H 2-3 weeks ago. I am playing Apex Legend with 1600*900 resolution and low settings. There are not any FPS drops or other issues but my CPU is too hot. Its peaking over 90C all the time. I am using in Balanced mode with CoolBoost ON. I also tried Stress Test with Intel Extreme Utility. It passed the test with max 89C. Its a brand new laptop so i am a bit worried with these temps. What can i do?

Thank you.

w
    hi,
    i got acer nitro 5 515-42 and to maintain the temperature i always raise the laptops height so that the air could easily pass inside the laptop... never reached above 70*C on high settings of apex legends 1080p or anyother game. no thermals are changed or no tweaks are needed .. as for me
  • I also suggest that you check this channel on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Elibrone

Tinkerer

B4ttleSky said:
    Elibrone said:
    Hey there everyone.

Thank you.

w
    hi,
    i got acer nitro 5 515-42 and to maintain the temperature i always raise the laptops height so that the air could easily pass inside the laptop... never reached above 70*C on high settings of apex legends 1080p or anyother game. no thermals are changed or no tweaks are needed .. as for me
    Wow! 70*C on high settings seems incredible. Can you tell more about the gaining height? 
  • Elibrone

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    I just installed MSI Afterburner to see the current temperature while gaming. It seems nice. Like 75-80C, sometimes jumps to 85C. Should i still be worried about these little jumps over 90C ?
  • B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited August 2019
    Elibrone said:
    B4ttleSky said:
    Elibrone said:
    Hey there everyone.

Thank you.

w
    hi,
    Wow! 70*C on high settings seems incredible. Can you tell more about the gaining height? 
    I
    Check this pic and u should get an idea of the height.. any height is good if theres enough airflow :)
  • andylb
    Those temperatures are fine, use a powered cooling mat such as the Targus
    https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Chill-Laptop-Black-AWE55US/dp/B002NU5O9C

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Elibrone

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Those temperatures are fine, use a powered cooling mat such as the Targus
    https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Chill-Laptop-Black-AWE55US/dp/B002NU5O9C
    B4ttleSky said:
    Elibrone said:
    B4ttleSky said:
    Elibrone said:
    Hey there everyone.

Thank you.

w
    hi,
    I
    Check this pic and u should get an idea of the height.. any height is good if theres enough airflow :)
    Thank you guys for your answers. I disabled the Intel Turbo Boost and my problem seems solved! Now i see temperatures between 65C and 75C. Is there anything wrong about disabling the Turbo Boost?
  • andylb
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    @Elibrone There is nothing wrong with doing that except you are not getting the best performance. The temperatures you have stated are FINE and not a problem. If the CPU is running too hot the Laptop will  drop the FPS or Throttle back or shut off to order to protect the CPU and you are not experiencing any of these problems. Just leave it enabled and use a powered cooling mat. If I answere your question please click YES

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Elibrone

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    @Elibrone There is nothing wrong with doing that except you are not getting the best performance. The temperatures you have stated are FINE and not a problem. If the CPU is running too hot the Laptop will  drop the FPS or Throttle back or shut off tin order to protect the CPU and you are not experiencing any of these problems. Just leave it enabled and use a powered cooling mat. If I answere your question please click YES
    yes you are right sir. but for the lifespan of the product, i think this way is better than using the laptop with high temperatures all the time
  • andylb
    @Elibrone You are right about that, the cooler you can keep it the better. My Targus powered cooling mat brings it down another 5 deg c well worth the small investment

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nick1905
    Nick1905 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey, i recently got this laptop and have also found that my temps have been reaching the 90's also. Through experimenting and researching, i have found out that it is getting too hot due to Intel's turbo boost which allows the processor to run at about 4.1 GHz. I used throttle-stop to lower the boost amount to about 3.4 GHz and now under stress my CPU gets 80 max.
  • Arnav898
    Arnav898 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Nick1905 said:
    Hey, i recently got this laptop and have also found that my temps have been reaching the 90's also. Through experimenting and researching, i have found out that it is getting too hot due to Intel's turbo boost which allows the processor to run at about 4.1 GHz. I used throttle-stop to lower the boost amount to about 3.4 GHz and now under stress my CPU gets 80 max.
    Bro can you please tell how to lower the turbo boost amount to lower to 3.4ghz using throttle stop. Please I really need help!!!
  • @Arnav898 Ideally, you should create a new topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)