VX15 No HDMI signal

GoosePH
GoosePH Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I badly need your help. I have an Acer VX15 with 1050ti. It's not outputing signal to any external display/projector. Says no signal. I have an old laptop and the cables and external displays work. I have tried rolling back drives as well as updating the it and none of it worked. I tried USB C to hdmi as well still doesn't work. 

After travelling 12hours away to the service center, they said it's out of warranty cuz i bought it 1 month early. Please help, this laptop is all i have for my work. I use it for live digital drawing performance via acer projectors. thank you so much.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening GoosePH !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Already updated all drivers?
    Have you tested other cables?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• GoosePH

Tinkerer

Hi Maclane,

I have an ACER Aspire VX 15. I already tried rolling back and updating the drivers to the latest versions. I'm sure the cables work beacuse they work on an old MSI laptop of mine. 
  • GoosePH

Tinkerer

I also did a full system restart. 
  • MaClane
    I need you to enter the EXACT model of your laptop, not just the series.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• GoosePH

Tinkerer

Model Number: N16C7
  • Mullemuh
    Mullemuh Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hi guys,

I have the same problem. I wanted to connect a second monitor via USB C 3.1 - HDMI converter.
    It worked perfectly with a Dell Notebook. Also I tested it with different monitors - same result!
    Using directly HDMI Port worked!

The converter has additional UDSB ports. That worked. Only the grafical Interface HDMI and VGA are not working!

When I connect the converter, monitor don't get a signal. First idea to have more electric power (added via USB) did not work.
    Normally a specific driver is not needed, so I assume a firmware update of the BIOS is needed, right?

Model: ACER VX 15 |
    Backsign Modeltype: Aspire VX5-591series ModelNo| N16C7, 
    System BIOS Version: V1.06
    GOP Version: Intel(R) GOP Driver [9.0.1053]
  • Mullemuh
    Mullemuh Member Posts: 5 New User
    BIOS Update with Version 1.8 as well not possible!

What is the solution? Getting rid of Acer and buy a notebook of another vendor that supports standards?
  • MaClane
    The USB Type C standard for this series is Gen.1
    Only Gen2 with support for Thunderbolt or DP can transfer video data.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™