Nitro 515-42 not charging during gaming

Nick73
Nick73 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!

I have an Acer Nitro 515-42-R5ED. It's a US computer, but right now I'm using it in Sweden. I've been using a plug adapter for the charger. Recently the charger died on me, and I got a Swedish one (which is smaller than the US one, and maybe less powerful?). As of yesterday the computer stops charging when I'm playing games. I read regarding a different computer (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555659/acer-nitro-5-charging-when-gaming) that if the charger is not able to supply enough power during high usage the battery will drain. Is this likely the issue, or could it be something else? This didn't start right away when I changed chargers AFAIK. Thanks,

Nick

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Nick73 !

In today's high performance devices, when the system requires it, some of the battery power is used to calibrate the required voltages.
    This can cause the battery to decrease its charge by up to 40%.
    It is perfectly normal and will recharge as soon as the power demand is stopped.

For this reason you should always charge the battery 100% when playing and keeping the cells calibrated.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Process for calibrating the battery:

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Nick73 !

In today's high performance devices, when the system requires it, some of the battery power is used to calibrate the required voltages.
    This can cause the battery to decrease its charge by up to 40%.
    It is perfectly normal and will recharge as soon as the power demand is stopped.

For this reason you should always charge the battery 100% when playing and keeping the cells calibrated.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Nick73
    Thanks! How do I keep the cells calibrated?
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Process for calibrating the battery:

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Nick73
    Superb, thanks!
  • MaClane
    Needing something, just post! B)

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™