Nitro AN515-42 Wifi Connectivity Issues

panicathecostco
panicathecostco Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Only had this computer for about a month now and am already experiencing wifi issues. I've tried installing the latest drivers and BIOS and Windows still fails to maintain a connection for more than a minute before dropping now. The wireless card is the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A. I noticed at one point that Windows had updated its drivers but even after installing the recommended, and older, drivers on the Acer drivers page for this model, the connectivity still fails. Considering returning if this is not fixed. Current Windows version is 1903. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning panicathecostco !

Did the error occur after release 1903?
    Have you tried it on other wireless networks?

Does it only occur on the battery or plugged into the power outlet as well?
    Is the adapter set for maximum performance in the advanced power plan options?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Y0un9
    Y0un9 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    Схема питания сбалансированная, попробуйте!

The power scheme is balanced, try it!
    [Edited using Google Translator as user posted it in Russian Language - Acer-David]
  • panicathecostco
    panicathecostco Member Posts: 1 New User
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning panicathecostco !

Did the error occur after release 1903?
    Have you tried it on other wireless networks?

Does it only occur on the battery or plugged into the power outlet as well?
    Is the adapter set for maximum performance in the advanced power plan options?

This was before my update to 1903 as well. I updated to it to see if that would resolve it with no avail. 
    I've tried other wireless networks but they also tend to drop quite quickly as well.

I have noticed however that when unplugging the computer that the wireless connection seems more stable in comparison to when it is not (pages not loading until the plug is taken out). 

The adapter is set to max performance. 
  • AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I had similar WiFi issues after updating my BIOS. I was recommended to use the battery reset pin under the laptop and it hasn't disconnected yet. But I haven't done any heavy lifting with it yet, only light web browsing but it's holding up so far.