Can't seem to figure out how to turn on Acer ED273A Freesync

Spiderfreak
Spiderfreak Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I saw that the Acer ED273A has G-sync on the ad for it, so when I got the actual Monitor I saw it actually said AMD Freesync on the box. Me personally, I don't really care if it's G-sync or Freesync but what seems to annoy me is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable/turn on the Freesync it says it has. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 for my GPU and obv an Acer ED273A as the monitor, so me having NVIDIA and Freesync should allow it to still use Adaptive sync right? Well, what confuses me is that in the GeForce control panel I am not seeing a "Set-up G-Sync" option where I should be seeing it, and so after more research, I find out I have to enable Freesync on my monitor first before I can enable the G-sync part. To which I've searched countless times trying to find my answer but to no avail yet.

I did, however, manage to actually see for myself that Freesync is in fact turned off. (I'm using "Menu 1" to symbolize the small menu before the full settings menu and "Menu 2" to obv symbolize the bigger/full one). So I open up Menu 1 and I see its in the correct spot as to where it should be, in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. When I open up Menu 2 however, I noticed it moved to the top left-hand corner of the screen, which I found weird because it normally shouldn't open up there. I then thought it was nothing and just maybe a placement or resolution glitch, but then after looking closer to it I saw an extra area where I can go to in the settings, I then opened it and seen a BIOS coloured like box open and it told me settings of like RGB intensities and stuff like that, and at the very bottom of it I saw the words "Freesync OFF". I tried to scroll down after like 20 clicks of going down, but it wouldn't let me select that option to try to change it, which basically was just telling me that Freesync is in fact OFF. So I then exit the menu, tried maybe turning the monitor off and back on, and then noticed that the Menu 2 now opened in the correct location and no longer opened up in the weird one (correct placement is where Menu 1 opened up at first, in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen). So now that I have seen for myself that Freesync is in fact OFF and I just can't seem to figure out how on earth I enable/turn the fuzzin thing on.

Can anyone plz provide some assistance to this problem, it's driving me nuts. Also if anyone knows how I did enable/trigger that BIOS looking box to show, can u tell me how to do it again cause I would just like to have the knowledge of being able to go back to there if I ever need to and so I can check if Freesync is still OFF or not. Thx in advance to anyone who can provide some answers to this.

Answers

• Spiderfreak
    edited August 2019
    Edit: I am also, in fact, using a DP (Display Port) cable, the one it came it specifically. So no, the first answer is I'm not using HDMI
    I also can't seem to edit my own post, idk if that is a permissions issue or what but its a bit annoying I have to post it as a comment instead
  • Spiderfreak
    Bump: Still have not figured out how to do so, and I'm still hoping someone else will know the answer to my main question