Brand new acer aspire 3 A315-54-50te... usb ports dont work at all

Crazywolf
Crazywolf Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

Brand new laptop from today and the usb port do not work at all.... were can i find the drivers? The site says use windows update ... yeah great idea unless windows update doenst install them and uses some random generic ones from 2006.... first time ever i had a problem like this and a brand that just tell me to use windows update? :-1:
Drivers should be on the site at least so i can at least install them manually to diagnose a possible problem.

Or am i missing something else... laptop was not used before as i had the normal welcome please setup this and that from windows. Mouse wont work on any port at all nor will a usb stick.

Answers

• Crazywolf
    Ow forgot to say i have already tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting always install the same ones. And still wont work
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Shut the machine completely off. Turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10. A recovery screen should appear. Choose an erase everything factory reset. If the problem isn't resolved, don't delay. Quickly return the machine ASAP to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's RMA period expires. It'll be quicker than using ACER warranty service. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Crazywolf
    Just tried it. Stil Nothing looks to me like they forgot to connect the cables of something devices i plug in dont even recieve power. Mouse lights dont go on nor a USB stick wich even blibs on and off when i connect it to my desktop when powered off. Bah belgium is bad on return rules geus ill e-mail the store Tomorrow ... great hope i can swap it quick. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Good luck with the swap. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Pambas
    Pambas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,
    How did you manage to solve the problem? I am experiencing the same problem with my Acer aspire3 A315-51-50BU