Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G does this one use pwm to control the brightness?

Supukabi
Supukabi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello all I am new to this forum. 
I want to know that does this Acer Swift 3 uses pwm to control the brightness because if so, then it will be bad for eyes. I have seen many reviews from popular sources claiming this. 
Thank you. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Supukabi !

If it refers to automatic brightness control this can easily be disabled in the system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Supukabi
    MaClane said:

If it refers to automatic brightness control this can easily be disabled in the system.

Thank you for your reply but it doesn't refers to automatic brightness control, it is a technology to control the backlight and by using this there is flickering on the screen not visible by naked eye that's what I am asking for. 
    Ok let this keep aside can you tell how are the quality of these laptops because I have seen many threads where the laptop is malfunctioning in just 6-7month of purchase
  • Supukabi
    MaClane said:

Thank you for your reply but it doesn't refers to automatic brightness control, it is a technology to control the backlight and by using this there is flickering on the screen not visible by naked eye that's what I am asking for. 
    Ok let this keep aside can you tell how are the quality of these laptops because I have seen many threads on this forum complaining about the failure of keyboard or screen etc within 6-7 months...
  • Kaifcze
    Kaifcze Member Posts: 6 New User

Does the Swift 3 iron man edition have PWM/screen flickering?