My Acer laptop power button is not working

SudhaMondal
SudhaMondal Member Posts: 1 New User
Power button is not working. When I hold F11 key then only laptop turn on. When I take off my hand from F11 button it turned off what can I do now?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Please post the full model name of your laptop, in the meantime, try a battery reset as shown in this video:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • ManishJoshi
    ManishJoshi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Power button is not working. Sometime working on single push to turn on, sometimes taking multiple attempts and long push to turn on.
    What can be the other options to turn on the laptop.
    Model# Aspire 5
  • Milan34
    Milan34 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem with my aspire 5, please help. 
  • Gilvirg007
    Gilvirg007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Power button is not working. Sometime working on single push to turn on, sometimes taking multiple attempts and long push to turn on.
    What can be the other options to turn on the laptop.
    Acer Aspire ES1-432 MODEL NO. N16Q8
  • anil_1998
    anil_1998 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi guys i am encountering the same problem in my lapy and later i understand it functioning as i am not hardware engineer i have found out one easy way to solve it keep a stapler pin on NUM LOCK so the power will come and it will turn on it is a temporary sloution main solution is you need to install new keyboared i hope it is helpful
  • Sweety
    Sweety Member Posts: 1 New User
    Power button is not working. When I hold F11 key then only laptop turn on. When I take off my hand from F11 button it turned off what can I do now?
    Is your issue resolved?
  • Prakashaccccer
    Prakashaccccer Member Posts: 1 New User
    anil_1998 said:
    hi guys i am encountering the same problem in my lapy and later i understand it functioning as i am not hardware engineer i have found out one easy way to solve it keep a stapler pin on NUM LOCK so the power will come and it will turn on it is a temporary sloution main solution is you need to install new keyboared i hope it is helpful
    Man it worked for me thanks...and after that do i need to change key board no extra solution