I have a Acer A1-840 tablet that I can no longer utilize all the apps after doing a factory reset

Options
acmorwin
acmorwin Member Posts: 4 New User
I recently did a factory reset which was a suggestion as a fix for my tablet running very slow and freezing along with apps that would never work due to instantly crashing at startup. Now I cannot use the Acer apps and cannot utilize other apps because it says its not optimized . Apparently the Acer apps are no longer being used and I can't even sign in because the server is not reachable. I never received ANYTHING stating the apps are going to expire or that I would loose my data if I did a reset. The document app worked prior to reset but now they don't and I even did a back up and I lost everything after I did the factory reset. The tablet is pretty much useless now and from what I have read I'm not the only one that this has happened to. This is unacceptable and it should not have happened.. There were no indications that this was going to happen  or I would have saved my files to a program that I could surely have access to. I also did not have my tablet overloaded with stuff which may have caused the poor performance. I did everything I could to try to avoid a factory reset to begin with. It was a last resort. In am not happy with this at all. Not only that but now my keyboard is not working as it did before. So what now¿ Throw it away? I'm certainly not going to buy another Acer if that's what Acers  idea was in not allowing customers to reinstall apps that were already bought and paid for.

Answers

• acmorwin
    acmorwin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    No response and it is now 2021! Does Acer ever read these posts?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    No, this is a community support board, not a venue in to Acer Support. A factory reset wipes all user data and takes you back to the basic OS, though I would expect the Acer apps to stay working, just as they did when it was new. You will need to ask it to connect to the internet in order to login, since the user account was wiped.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.