Will Acer support windows 10 1903 update soon? Acer Nitro 5.

Options
DwertlePLayz
DwertlePLayz Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys, I would like to know why Acer products are not supported yet in the new windows feature update? On Microsoft's website it says Acer products are not supported in the windows 1809/1903 updates.

Thanks!
-Dwertle

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening DwertlePLayz !

Which device does it refer to?
    Both release updates, 1809 and 1903 are already successfully installed on various models and series.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DwertlePLayz
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good evening DwertlePLayz !

Which device does it refer to?
    Both release updates, 1809 and 1903 are already successfully installed on various models and series.

I have an Acer Nitro 5. If it matters I added a 500GB SATA hard drive in the expansion slot and 8 more GB of ram.
  • MaClane
    Options
    The added hardware does not make any system upgrade impossible.
    Nitro 5 is just the series.
    There are over 300 specific models.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• DwertlePLayz
    Options
    MaClane said:
    The added hardware does not make any system upgrade impossible.
    Nitro 5 is just the series.
    There are over 300 specific models.
    Sorry for the trouble, I have the Acer nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9
  • MaClane
    Options
    The AN515-53 series is already supported and works with both release 1809 and 1903.

What version does your device have?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• DwertlePLayz
    Options
    MaClane said:
    The AN515-53 series is already supported and works with both release 1809 and 1903.

What version does your device have?
    I have windows 10 1803

• MaClane
    edited August 2019
    Options

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hey guys, I would like to know why Acer products are not supported yet in the new windows feature update? On Microsoft's website it says Acer products are not supported in the windows 1809/1903 updates.

Thanks!
    -Dwertle
    Link the Microsoft Site where it says Acer products are not supported.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • BONGTUBALINAL
    BONGTUBALINAL Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    What about for the helios 300 (2018) PH315-51 model? I am still on 1803. No Updates recieved for 1809 or 1903. I read from other forum that the issue is due to the SSD model 600 series. Please advice. Is there any workaroud to update successfully?
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    MaClane said:
    What about for the helios 300 (2018) PH315-51 model? I am still on 1803. No Updates recieved for 1809 or 1903. I read from other forum that the issue is due to the SSD model 600 series. Please advice. Is there any workaroud to update successfully?
    Just use the Windows 10 ISO and install Windows 10 without internet. After successful install, turn on internet later.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • VoxBar
    VoxBar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Re:  Window 10 install
    I have an ASPIRE 5742 with 8G RAM, 500 GB HDD laptop.  Looking ahead to the end of the year, I'd value experience of Windows 10 installations on this particular ACER. If you have done a successful install of windows 10 on this laptop, please could you post your experience and any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks

VoxBar

• DwertlePLayz
    Options
    VoxBar said:
    I have an ASPIRE 5742 with 8G RAM, 500 GB HDD laptop.  Looking ahead to the end of the year, I'd value experience of Windows 10 installations on this particular ACER. If you have done a successful install of windows 10 on this laptop, please could you post your experience and any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks

VoxBar

Sure! Before I help I need to know what version of windows you are running ty!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I always advise backing up files as a precaution and uninstalling any antivirus.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DwertlePLayz
    Options
    VoxBar said:

Thanks

VoxBar

I was looking up your computer, and it seems like you are running windows 7. If you are, then you can follow this.
    First, go here and click the Update button under Windows 10 May 2019 Update. It should download the Windows May 2019 Update Installer
    Next, Open the .exe it installed and follow the instructions inside.

Have a nice day!

Dwertle
  • sujitgrg
    sujitgrg Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I am also having the similar issue with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53.
    In my case I can download the 1903 windows update but when I install the update and give it a restart then my laptop won't startup.
    It would end up without even starting, it won't charge, power button does't start the laptop and the laptop would only start after battery drain.
    But even after battery drain it while have same issue, it won't charge, no power signal, windows won't boot and nothing works, laptop won't even start up.
    Help please.
    I am currently on 1809 windows update and my laptop won't works on 1903 update.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try resetting the battery:
    Then put some layers of electrical tape to better press this button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mainerunr
    Mainerunr Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    Make sure all of your drivers are up to date.