Acer Predator 17 G9-793 missing m.2 connector

Options
Genius710
Genius710 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys,
A few days ago I cleaned my laptop G9-793(Serial -NHQ1VAA0XXXXXXX, i7-7700hq,GTX 1060, 16GB ddr4) and changed the thermals.
While doing that I found that the second m.2(SATA) header is missing, the pads are there on the PCB but the connector is missing.

So my question is, where can i check if other components are in place(i guess a controller and other stuff), and what is the header code/part number so that I could get it and solder it( I have some experience with smd soldering and access to equipment).

Edited the content to hide sensitive information [Acer-David]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's not missing. It's an extra cost option for that model. Sorry, only mainboard part numbers are available to us, not individual soldered connector part numbers.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's not missing. It's an extra cost option for that model. Sorry, only mainboard part numbers are available to us, not individual soldered connector part numbers.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Genius710
    Genius710 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:

Thanks a lot for the answer, makes it much clearer, I was very confused at first :D
    By the codes it seems only the 1070 version has the second m.2?
    By any chance are there any board schematics available online?

• JackE
    Options
    Googling 'part number' &  'datasheet ' sometimes yields partial results but usually no where near the level of detail needed to do even simple mods. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ