How do I fix my Acer Aspire E15 laptop so that it screen is no longer black?

Options
Synzia
Synzia Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have an issue with my Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 where I turn it on and the screen stays black, but the keyboard backlight turns on. The screen flickers every couple seconds with a click sound that sounds like the tick of a clock. There is no acer logo on the screen either, and I have tried putting a paper clip in the power hole on the back of the laptop, waiting 5 minutes, and trying again but that doesnt do anything for me. Using an HDMI cord on a seprate monitor also does not do anything.

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, @Synzia since the battery reset or connecting to a external device did not help then the computer problem is hardware related and I advise you check with acer technical support for further help.
  • Synzia

Tinkerer

Options
    Ishy said:
    Hi, @Synzia since the battery reset or connecting to a external device did not help then the computer problem is hardware related and I advise you check with acer technical support for further help.
    Unfortunately, I do not have a warrenty so I am unable to contact Acer Technical Support
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check this video:
    https://youtu.be/2kkzymbRQGw
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About removing the touchpad, this video will help you:
    https://youtu.be/DpawPQrqIq4
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the image displayed on an external monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Synzia

Tinkerer

Options
    Is the image displayed on an external monitor?
    On an external monitor it simply says no signal
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Synzia

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Yes and I have also tried switching the RAM, and they both did not do anything
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you record a video of the problem? Does this issue only occur when you plug in the power adapter or use the notebook on battery power?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Synzia

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you record a video of the problem? Does this issue only occur when you plug in the power adapter or use the notebook on battery power?
    Yes, the issue occurs both when plugged in and when not.
    https://youtu.be/GOjatKHczVQ
    The flickering is hard to capture on camera because it is fast and between two similar shades of black, but it is there.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    About the ticking clock, have you checked the hard drive?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Synzia

Tinkerer

Options
    About the ticking clock, have you checked the hard drive?
    The hard drive seems to be fine and the ticking seemed to stop
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Have you checked that this button is being properly pressed?

Edited by Acer-Harvey.
    (As personal info was posted)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer