installing a SSD as a master disk into a laptop V3-572PG-56CY, keeping the hard disk as a slave?

ProfessorFilipo
ProfessorFilipo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all!
I would like to install a SSD driver as a master disk into my laptop acer V3-572PG-56CY (booting from this SDD, to speed up my system), keeping the current hard disk as a slave disk. I don't mind to reinstall all the OS from scratch, but I want to keep the restore partition someway. Is this possible to be done? If so, which SSD would best fit to my system? And how to save my restore partition data?
Thanks a lot!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Yes, if you want to keep the 2.5" mechanical HDD as the D : drive, you can add an mSATA SSD card to the empty mSATA card slot. Once installed,  you can then migrate the HDD C: including the hidden recovery partition to the SSD card using migration & cloning freeware like MacriumReflect and then make the SSD the primary C : boot drive with the HDD as D : . Your machine has been certified to work with 256GB mSATA cards but will probably be fine with much higher capacities limited by how much you're willing to pay. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ