Acer Hard Drive failed lost Product Key - TM 8572G

LLekhoathi
LLekhoathi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I need Help, I have a TM 8572G, My hard drive failed because i had another laptop i eventually swopped the hard drive although this one was not a TM, it booted up and seems to work however i need to activate it and my sticker below is torn off/lost additionally i upgraded the other laptop before this crash to Windows 10,

The Problem i have now is my drivers are all incorrect
Other laptop was an 86, TM is a 64bit
i can only download drivers for windows vista and windows 7 on acer website
Id like to down grade to my original TM Windows 7 64bit but that hard drive is dead
and this is so i can have my laptop back to it original state so it can work perfectly.
In essence if i could find my TM Windows 7 64bit Product Key it will solve all my problems because i can do a fresh install and reinstall all the original drivers as well.

can someone please please help ive look everwhere to find my product key with now luck i know its an unusually, maybe even a comedy of errors but id really appreciate the help

Thnk you kindly in advance 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening LLekhoathi !

Acer only provides drivers approved for this model in Windows XP (32) and 7 (32 and 64) versions

To know your activation key (which is recorded in Bios) just use some application, like this:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• LLekhoathi
    LLekhoathi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi MaClane thank you for the quick response however, the problem I have is I now have my Aspire HDD in My Travelmate as my Travelmates HDD is Dead so when trying your suggestion it unfortunately picks up the Current OS which is Win 10 32bit, my TM originally had Win7 64bit Any other options I could try or does this mean I have to buy a copy of windows again...? obviously would like to avoid the latter. :(
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Try this by opening CMD as Admin and entering the following command:

(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService'). OA3xOriginalProductKey

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!