Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How to turn on the keyboard backlights?

DegauseDegause Posts: 4Member New User
I just purchased my Aspire and spent about an hour trying to find how to turn on the keyboard backlights. The more I looked, the more I became confused since I couldn't find a solution.  Then a friend mentioned that my Aspire probably didn't have backlight installed.  I couldn't believe that to be true since it cost close to $500.  So, is my friend correct? or am I just incompetent? Be nice. Thank You.

Best Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 29,222 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Usually you should press fn + f9 and the keyboard has this symbol:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,957 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Degause said:
    I'm sorry, the Model of my Aspire is Acer Aspire A315-53 V1.20.
    If you don't have flashing A, you don't have backlight feature.
    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 29,222ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Usually you should press fn + f9 and the keyboard has this symbol:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,957ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Do you have F9 key with flashing letter A? If you don't have, then I'm afraid you don't have that feature in your model.

Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • DegauseDegause Posts: 4Member New User
  • Have you checked whether on the f9 key there is the symbol above?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

No, it does not have a symbol on the F9 other than the Mute Speaker symbol.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,957ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Degause said:
    If you don't have flashing A, you don't have backlight feature.
    Unbelievable, I didn't think they made laptops of this caliber without that specific capability.  Thank you all for the assist.