Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I’m still pretty new to this but I want to upgrade the ram in my acer aspire e5-576.

Crucial says it’s compatible with ddr3l 1600 soddim 1.35v. Now I don’t know what any of that means. Do I need to make sure whatever I buy matches that exactly? Also doe the brands need to match? If so I guess I should just take the one that’s in it out and buy two 8gb rams of the same brand? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Best Answer

• JackEJackE Posts: 18,049 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, the specsheet indicates 16GB maximum with a pair of 8GB DDR3Laptop modules 1.35volts 1600 MHz speed. Jack E/NJ

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,826ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please install CPU-z free program, find out the model of the current memory module form SPD and memory tabs, post the snip here.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • BigBlurtonBigBlurton Posts: 10Member New User
    I have that downloaded already actually. What do you need from that to help me out?
  • JackEJackE Posts: 18,049ACE Trailblazer
    You should download and run Crucial's scanner since some model's came equipped with different RAM modules. Usually best to get a  matched pair (same brand same specs) since this model will operate faster than an unmatched pair. Jack E/NJ
    So i should get a pair that matches everything the crucial scan said? Ddr3l, 1600 sodimm, 1.35v? Some brands better than others ?
    You can run just about any branded pair of DDR3 laptop modules. Google these keywords --- ddr3 laptop sodimm 1.35v --- for vendors that are convenient to shipping to your location. These are very common RAM modules. Your laptop probably has a pair of 2GB modules now for a total of 4GB. You can upgrade to a pair of 4GB modules for a total of 8GB. Or a pair of 8GB modules for a total of 16GB. Crucial, Kingston, Hynix, Micron are all good brands and fairly closely competitive pricewise. Jack E/NJ 

I believe eve I can run a total of 16 gb
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, the specsheet indicates 16GB maximum with a pair of 8GB DDR3Laptop modules 1.35volts 1600 MHz speed. Jack E/NJ
    JackE said:
    Just out of curiosity Ive taken the ram out to look at it and there’s nothing I can see on the ram or the board to tell me what kind of ram or the volatge or anything printed on it other than what I saw on the online scan. Someone told me I could look at the board and ram to figure it out
    If there's no label on the modules, which is unusual, you can download and try Brummyfan2's suggestion of freeware cpu-z which should give you the module details. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/713718/#Comment_713718
    Jack E/NJ