Overclocking Aspire 3 A315-41

Options
123Sam_
123Sam_ Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 and on the website, I saw the Ryzen 5 2500U processor to be "- 2.0 GHz / 3.6 GHz". I am on my laptop system specifications and it shows it to be "2.0 GHz". How can I make it "3.6 GHz" and what benefits does that bring?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The processor increases the clock only when there is demand. However, did you select balanced mode or high performance in the power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicomunet
    nicomunet Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Update BIOS. New BIOS allows CPU to boost up to 3 GHz. (at least it looks like that)
    Sadly, latest BIOS also comes with drawback, fan curve is not as aggressive, and CPU will not boost to 3 GHz for a long time. So you won't gain much performance boost. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nicomunet
    nicomunet Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, that BIOS (v1.15) is a complete garbage. Sleep mode stopped working. 
    And Touchpad setting (I2C or USB?) got removed. 
    Thankfully, it was easy to downgrade. 
  • shiladitya91
    shiladitya91 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Options
    nicomunet said:
    Update BIOS. New BIOS allows CPU to boost up to 3 GHz. (at least it looks like that)
    Sadly, latest BIOS also comes with drawback, fan curve is not as aggressive, and CPU will not boost to 3 GHz for a long time. So you won't gain much performance boost. 
    Updated bios v1.15 (dated 12/08/2019) actually update graphics firmware revision which will give better support for latest AMD driver software and improve performance. CPU will definitely boost when demanding higher clock speed in performance mode specially when plugged in. I am using this so far no problem noticed.