ACER Aspire XC-704G BIOS Update

bryan89
bryan89 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hello I just have two questions to ask. First I updated my Acer Aspire to the latest BIOs, but the date is showing 12-18-2015. The BIOs I downloaded had a 2016 date on it. Is this correct? Second when I reboot my computer it completely shuts down and then comes back and logs into Win 10 this is after the new BIOS update. Thank for the help.

Answers

• What was the previous version of bios? R01.BX or R01.AX?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bryan89
    it was R01.AX? and one more question when I try to go into the BIOS the screen just flashes I just want to look at what is in the BIOS
  • If the previous version was R01.AX, you cannot upgrade to R01.BX. Which version did you upgrade to?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bryan89
    I think it was RO1-BO
  • bryan89
    It was RO1.A4 I think
  • bryan89
    Thankyou for your help. I downloaded the wrong BIOS and did not do the procedure right. I now have updated BIOS. The Bios update was RO1.B3.
  • OK! But you cannot upgrade from version R01.AX to version R01.BX

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bryan89
    Okay well it updated to the newer BIOS RO1.B3 and the date is correct too 07-17-2017
  • The problem is occurring because you have upgraded to a version of bios that is not compatible with your motherboard. You can upgrade to this version:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bryan89
    Okay thanks I will use that BIOS update instead. Thanks again for the help.
  • Did you successfully install version r01.a4?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bryan89
    No I installed the R01.B3. I got the Bios from this website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6067;-;Aspire

• OK! But can you confirm what the previous version of bios was?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bryan89
    No it was R01.A something.
  • This is the problem because you have installed a version of bios that is incompatible with your motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bryan89
    Okay I will go back to R01.A4 then