Acer Aspire VX15 (VX5-591G-74UK) SSD UPGRADE

Options
nicolasbondancia
nicolasbondancia Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Guys I have been reading on the forum lots of threads about this but I was not able to figure it out! I own an Acer Aspire VX15 (VX5-591G-74UK) and it comes with a 128Gb SSD but I want to upgrade it to a biger maybe faster one. I found this one on-line Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND Internal Solid State Drive and it is in my price range and it looks good!

Do you guys know if it is going to be compatible?

Thank you so much!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes my friend. Yes it will support the 970 evo.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check this vídeo:
    https://youtu.be/eWczAl23gqc
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure if this model supports a sst m2 2280 nvme of 1tb as the service manual reports capacity up to 512gb. However, informs that there is a compatible 1db ssd nvme, see: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:u3c8HNwG3gYJ:https://www.newegg.com/arch-memory-internal-ssd-1tb/p/0D9-00GW-00017+&cd=17&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicolasbondancia
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This model supports a 512gb ssd nvme gen3x4.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicolasbondancia
    Options
    Im sorry i do not know much about this. Will this model then support the Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD ?

Thanks Again
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes my friend. Yes it will support the 970 evo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• nicolasbondancia
    Options
    Thank you so much! And sorry for the lack of knowledge! Hahaha
  • nicolasbondancia
    Options
    To install it I just need to remove the old SSD and replace it right?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Check this vídeo:
    https://youtu.be/eWczAl23gqc

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options

The Acer Aspire VX 15 (VX5-591G) has a 1x 2280 PCIe NVMe (M key) so the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND Internal Solid State Drive should slot in there fine.

These are the specs for your storage:

HDD/SSD - up to 1000GB SSD + up to 1000GB HDD

M.2 Slot - 1x 2280 PCIe NVMe (M key)

RAM - up to 32GB