Aspire R3-131T - Upgrading to SSD with all the Acer Apps intact.

SRIKANT
SRIKANT Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am planning to upgrade my HDD to SSD in Aspire R3-131T. I want a fresh install for Win 10. I have the bootable flash drive ready. I have the Win Key written somewhere. It came with Win 10 preinstalled. The thing is, I am not the first user of this Laptop. My brother registered with his account the first time, I reset it, registered it and now I can see this device in my Microsoft account. But since the serial number is still registered on my brother's name, I am not able to register this device on the Acer Portal with my email id. I have two questions.
1. Do I need to enter the Win Key when it asks while installing, or it will automatically register when I will enetr my account details? Which one is better way?
2. All the Acer Apps like Care Center, Acer Portal, Quick Access and the drivers of trackpad, wifi, bluetooth, all these will install directly via Win Updates? If not, how can I retain all the Acer Apps and still do a fresh install on my SSD?

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!

@SRIKANT   

Before answering your query, I would like to know few things. You stated that you "have bootable flash drive ready", Is that flash drive created using Acer Care Center program in your laptop? 

Second thing, is your computer working good NOW with original HDD in which it came from factory? 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)