I have the M430G . How do I use a pci-e video card with the onboard

ealesi
ealesi Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have the M430G and I'm trying to use a pci-e video card with the onboard video. It will only let me use the pci-e card. How do I enabe the use of both?

Answers

• ealesi

Tinkerer

Can anyone help??
  • What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ealesi

Tinkerer

It is VM430G-UD250C
  • Is the onboard graphics controller auto in bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ealesi

Tinkerer

Yes it is should it be?

• Yes! Have you checked whether both cards are being identified in device manager? Have you tried connecting two monitors on both video cards?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ealesi

Tinkerer

Yes I did check in device manager and only the video card shows up not the onboard
  • I believe the onboard video card will be activated when you connect a monitor. Do the test.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ealesi

Tinkerer

I did try that and no luck. It seems like once you add the pci-e video card the onboard is disabled
  • Can you upload a screenshot of this setting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ealesi

Tinkerer

I will do it asap. I have to head out now. Thanks for all your help so far.
  • ealesi

Tinkerer

I am not seeing the graphics controller option. what Vs Bios are you on. I am on v2.67. can still send screen shot if you want
  • Have you checked on integrated peripherals?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ealesi

Tinkerer

Yes. Is it possible that it's not showing up there because I have a video card installed
  • No! Have you checked the integrated peripherals in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ealesi

Tinkerer

Yes. going into Bios at startup
  • ealesi

Tinkerer

I haven't seen any setting in Bios that will allow you to use a video card and the onboard at the same time.
  • Check out this video:
    https://youtu.be/Loa-ERZfmZU
    I believe you want to use two monitors at the same time, right?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ealesi

Tinkerer

Yes. I will check it out 
  • ealesi

Tinkerer

I watched the video. I'll check again in the Bios for it. I'll let you know how I make out.
    Thanks