Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer swift3 SF-314-56G storage upgrade

Can I add another HDD on Acer swift3 SF-314-56G for storage upgrade..?
If I can please tell me which materials are needed?

Best Answer

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,040 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Any internal 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSD cable that physically fits inside the case will be fine. The ACER part number is  450.0E70A.0001 should fit and is available from places like Aliexpress. The HDD/SSD can be immobilized and protected inside the case with packaging antistatic foam so a metal bracket is not needed. Jack E/NJ 

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,040ACE Trailblazer
    If you have a 2.5" mechanical HDD in there now, you can add an m.2 SSD SATA3 or NVME card. SATA3 cards are generally less expensive than NVME cards. Samsung makes both types in their m.2 EVO series. You just plug them into to the m.2 slot on the mainboard. Google the keywords dsamsung evo m.2 A very big selection. With many prices. Jack E/NJ

• PhoeZay2019PhoeZay2019 Posts: 3Member New User
    it contains 2.5 slot but not contains connector and bracket.So i want to know which model of connector and brackets should i buy?
  • JackEJackE Posts: 17,040ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Any internal 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSD cable that physically fits inside the case will be fine. The ACER part number is  450.0E70A.0001 should fit and is available from places like Aliexpress. The HDD/SSD can be immobilized and protected inside the case with packaging antistatic foam so a metal bracket is not needed. Jack E/NJ 

• PhoeZay2019PhoeZay2019 Posts: 3Member New User
    Thanks You Sir