Acer swift3 SF-314-56G storage upgrade

PhoeZay2019
PhoeZay2019 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Can I add another HDD on Acer swift3 SF-314-56G for storage upgrade..?
If I can please tell me which materials are needed?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Any internal 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSD cable that physically fits inside the case will be fine. The ACER part number is  450.0E70A.0001 should fit and is available from places like Aliexpress. The HDD/SSD can be immobilized and protected inside the case with packaging antistatic foam so a metal bracket is not needed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    If you have a 2.5" mechanical HDD in there now, you can add an m.2 SSD SATA3 or NVME card. SATA3 cards are generally less expensive than NVME cards. Samsung makes both types in their m.2 EVO series. You just plug them into to the m.2 slot on the mainboard. Google the keywords dsamsung evo m.2 A very big selection. With many prices. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PhoeZay2019
    it contains 2.5 slot but not contains connector and bracket.So i want to know which model of connector and brackets should i buy?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Any internal 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSD cable that physically fits inside the case will be fine. The ACER part number is  450.0E70A.0001 should fit and is available from places like Aliexpress. The HDD/SSD can be immobilized and protected inside the case with packaging antistatic foam so a metal bracket is not needed. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• PhoeZay2019
    Thanks You Sir