ACER XR382CQK is showing 2 monitors when HDMI and USB-C ports are both plugged in

MichaelRak
MichaelRak Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I am using an INTEL NUC7i7BNH. I am using HDMI for my primary video input. When I have the USB-C plugged in to use the USB hub on the monitor, Windows 10 thinks there are 2 monitors connected. The monitor doesn't turn on from Sleep and just shows a black screen with the mouse cursor. I have tried to set the BIOS primary to HDMI and the monitor from "Auto Source" Off and input to HDMI 2.1 and still the computer thinks there are two monitors. Also the USB doesn't work properly.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening MichaelRak !

Which monitor is connected to which device?
    Is US-Type C 3.1 Gen 2 supported with Thunderbolt?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MichaelRak
    MichaelRak Member Posts: 2 New User
    There is only one monitor. The operating system sees two monitors with USB-C plugged in to the USB port. I believe the Intel NUC supports thunderbolt but the ACER monitor is not a Thunderbolt compatible device.