Acer Nitro 5 - Nitrosense power plan changes to maximum on reboot

Jcsc831
Jcsc831 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2019 in Nitro Gaming
So I’ve noticed when ever I reboot my Windows 10 Nitro 5 the Nitrosense changes my power plan to maximum performance. I keep switching it back and they only way to stop it is to uninstall Nitrosense. Anyone have a solution for this? 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Jcsc831 said:
    So I’ve noticed when ever I reboot my Windows 10 Nitro 5 the Nitrosense changes my power plan to maximum performance. I keep switching it back and they only way to stop it is to uninstall Nitrosense. Anyone have a solution for this? 

Are you talking about the AC tab or Battery tabs? My AC tab is always set on High Performance, when on AC there's no point in anything else but if it"s doing it on the Battery tab then that's a problem

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Jcsc831

Tinkerer

It’s changing the AC tab to high performance. The battery tab is balanced but the AC tab keeps changing to performance when I set it on balanced. Is this normal? I don’t understand why it would automatically change.
  • andylb
    edited August 2019
    Your AC tab should be on High Performance, why would you want it on any less?  Acer series gaming laptops are designed to give gaming performance on High Performance and that is why it resets to it, it is the NORMAL setting for the AC tab and has nothing to do with your battery. If you are on AC power and you are on less than the High Performance setting you are wasting your laptops potential and your CPU will be throttled back. High Performance is the DEFAULT setting and that is why it reverts back. Hope this helps, click YES if I answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Jcsc831

Tinkerer

Okay, thought there was something wrong with it switching automatically. Thank for replying to my question, appreciate it.
  • andylb
    edited August 2019
    Make sure you leave it on that setting or it's like buying a Ferrari and driving it at 30 mph lol

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• thedarkfiend
    thedarkfiend Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I am interested in changing the settings of nitrosense as well. I do not want the laptop to ever enter high performance mode without telling me. I hate that the settings change this without my permission. Is there a way to force nitrosense to always keep it on a specific setting?
  • Hour
    Hour Member Posts: 1 New User
    Are you talking about the AC tab or Battery tabs? My AC tab is always set on High Performance, when on AC there's no point in anything else but if it"s doing it on the Battery tab then that's a problem

Hello, currently, I'm facing this issue in which the power plan automatically shifts to high performance whenever I do the restart. Even though, I switched to balanced mode already before I shut down. Are there any solutions? 
    P.S: I'm running on battery, no AC power plug-in. Thanks in advance.
  • DCGYT
    DCGYT Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Your AC tab should be on High Performance, why would you want it on any less?  Acer series gaming laptops are designed to give gaming performance on High Performance and that is why it resets to it, it is the NORMAL setting for the AC tab and has nothing to do with your battery. If you are on AC power and you are on less than the High Performance setting you are wasting your laptops potential and your CPU will be throttled back. High Performance is the DEFAULT setting and that is why it reverts back. Hope this helps, click YES if I answered your question
    No, it's not okay. When the Wi-Fi is at Maximum Performance it does not work properly, it is cut off almost always.
  • Titusvh
    Titusvh Member Posts: 1 New User
    andylb said:
    Your AC tab should be on High Performance, why would you want it on any less?  
    A very valid reason is silcence and extended use on battery!
    For browsing on the couch 50% is fine and my Nitro 5 shuts the fans down completely.

With a Ferrari you don't drive 300km/h all the time... Only when you want and need it.
  • SosukeAizen8055
    SosukeAizen8055 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2021
    andylb said:
    Ay bro i've noticed on PC(AN515-43) that on highperfomance mode my PC Throttles like hell while gaming where on AMD Ryzen chipset Power plan the PC doesn't Throttle much Also with the Fan speed set to Max . So why is it Throttling on High Perf plan? Any Idea?