Options
1234568»

Answers

• VeganCzech
    VeganCzech Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    belik said:
    I don’t have any problems with charging
    And how can I make my own config? Because maybe my register value not same... I dont know :( 
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    Options
    belik said:
    I don’t have any problems with charging
    And how can I make my own config? Because maybe my register value not same... I dont know :( 
    Try to ask moderators of this community they have contacts of Acer engineers who were responsible for cooling settings and did their work very bad so it’s their obligation to fix it 
  • VeganCzech
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Can you send me your config to Predator PH315-52 to email : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    And write me procedure how you activated it control fan. What exactly version of NBFC have you?
    Have you alst bios version or not?

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• belik
    Options
    I already explained everything in this thread, not necessary to repeat it again
  • VeganCzech
    Options
    belik said:
    I read your post at the beginning and there I read that you replaced the metal plastic fan. Where did you buy it?
  • VeganCzech
    Options
    belik said:
    Jofer said:
    I look for similar solution for predator triton 300 model PT315-51 
    If someone will find a way to manual control fans please post it. 

You can create config for your model yourself, it’s very easy

Check CPU temp in PredatorSense and convert it from decimal to hex using this site
    https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Download and install this app
    http://rweverything.com/download/
    open menu Go Access - Embedded Controller and find hex value you got on step one
    Get number of register where it stored, i.e. number from 1 to 255

Then download profile I uploaded above and change in config app its write register from 219 to what you got

That’s all  =)

I also think you may want just to delete write register for gpu temp or set your own, I’m not sure it’s required, logic of how to define it is the same

I wonder why Acer put awful fan control in every their laptops, do they have students or low quality engineers responsible for cooling? They really don’t care about quality of what they issue

This method may be applicable to every Acer model unless they update temp register too often 

Can you help me with teamviewer how find my value in rweverything? 
  • belik
    Options
    No         
  • belik
    Options
    belik said:
    I read your post at the beginning and there I read that you replaced the metal plastic fan. Where did you buy it?
    Ordered genuine part in local repair service who authorized by Acer
  • VeganCzech
    Options
    And Can I ask you why ?

• elgrekko
    elgrekko Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    belik said:
    @Jhjh6980
    Download and install app ver.1.6.3. from here
    https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases
    then go to folder c:\program files 86\notebook fan control
    run config exe and open menu import, select xml profile from the archive
    then run notebook fan control exe, choose new profile and apply
    then you will have an icon in the tray, clicking on it you can adjust fan speed slider 
    that’s all  :)

yes when disabling it all must revert to default with normal control by the system, temperatures in PredatorSense must became real
    if not, reset your EC

Mr belik, could you help me with acer predator helios 300 too? the problem is I have PH 315-51 and idk if I did it wrong or I just need different numbers for the NBFC application.
  • thangvu
    thangvu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Tikisin said:
    alisaeed said:
    hi 
    for anyone install this fix from @belik 
    did you notice audio glitch like this one 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU2MGBpwzck&feature=youtu.be

I am asking because it becomes more noticeable after I installed it 

Yes I have the same popping sound and depending on the videos, sometimes it's very pronounced like every second, and sometimes it's a lot rarer. Haven't had time to work on it but did anyone try to go to an older driver or something else?
    Did you find the way to fix this glitch? The Fan work perfect but this glitch is so annoying.
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    any config for PH315-53?
  • KelianS
    KelianS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    thangvu said:
    Tikisin said:
    alisaeed said:
    hi 

Yes I have the same popping sound and depending on the videos, sometimes it's very pronounced like every second, and sometimes it's a lot rarer. Haven't had time to work on it but did anyone try to go to an older driver or something else?
    Did you find the way to fix this glitch? The Fan work perfect but this glitch is so annoying.
    Hi,

I found a "solution" to this glitch, just reset the EC poll interval to 100ms ... It takes 2% CPU but no audio glitch.
    You can try with an online tone generator the glitchs are obvious when this interval is too high. 

btw, I'm on a PH315-52, totally compatible and working well, it's finally quiet :) 
    I also tune it a bit to have the fans running at 4500rpm on full load instead of 3500, just writting on cpu and gpu temp register at the same time.
    (check the picture attached)

And i don't know why yet but i've tried to access the register with Read/write everything like it was suggested before but when i've launched it, it completely broke my pc, no screen, no keyboard, no mouse, 255% battery level ... I had to connect it to an external display to unbug the screen. Don't know how it happened just by reading the register, i had to disassemble the laptop to clear the CMOS. So not recommended at all.

Finally if anyone have the same issue, since my various problems, my Predator Sense won't work, it's in background, the logo appears then disappear and nothing ... It working in background but no UI ... Not terribly bad but i can't see the exact fan speed and tricked temps ... 

• apsoccermd
    apsoccermd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    belik said:
    Don't worry @tecBart use this one with slight improvements
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/bjgbkr

You can adjust it to your own custom fan curve just in few clicks

Hello.. Download is gone.. Would you be able to re-share the config? Perhaps add  it to a public git?

Thanks
  • LucasZanelato
    LucasZanelato Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    send xml please  
  • Bcturner28
    Bcturner28 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is there a config file that someone could please share?
  • yusufozalp
    yusufozalp Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    belik said:
    Jofer said:
    I look for similar solution for predator triton 300 model PT315-51 
    If someone will find a way to manual control fans please post it. 

You can create config for your model yourself, it’s very easy

Check CPU temp in PredatorSense and convert it from decimal to hex using this site
    https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/decimal-to-hex.html

Download and install this app
    http://rweverything.com/download/
    open menu Go Access - Embedded Controller and find hex value you got on step one
    Get number of register where it stored, i.e. number from 1 to 255

Then download profile I uploaded above and change in config app its write register from 219 to what you got

That’s all  =)

I also think you may want just to delete write register for gpu temp or set your own, I’m not sure it’s required, logic of how to define it is the same

I wonder why Acer put awful fan control in every their laptops, do they have students or low quality engineers responsible for cooling? They really don’t care about quality of what they issue

This method may be applicable to every Acer model unless they update temp register too often 

i need help because im in the embedded controller menu after that idk what to do  
  • VeganCzech
    Options
    KelianS said:
    thangvu said:
    Tikisin said:
    alisaeed said:
    hi 

Hi,

I found a "solution" to this glitch, just reset the EC poll interval to 100ms ... It takes 2% CPU but no audio glitch.
    You can try with an online tone generator the glitchs are obvious when this interval is too high. 

btw, I'm on a PH315-52, totally compatible and working well, it's finally quiet :) 
    I also tune it a bit to have the fans running at 4500rpm on full load instead of 3500, just writting on cpu and gpu temp register at the same time.
    (check the picture attached)

And i don't know why yet but i've tried to access the register with Read/write everything like it was suggested before but when i've launched it, it completely broke my pc, no screen, no keyboard, no mouse, 255% battery level ... I had to connect it to an external display to unbug the screen. Don't know how it happened just by reading the register, i had to disassemble the laptop to clear the CMOS. So not recommended at all.

Finally if anyone have the same issue, since my various problems, my Predator Sense won't work, it's in background, the logo appears then disappear and nothing ... It working in background but no UI ... Not terribly bad but i can't see the exact fan speed and tricked temps ... 

Hi can you please send me this config? I have it Helios 300 2019 PH315-52
    Thanks for send :)
  • DomDee
    DomDee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I just buy a used PH317-53 in perfect condition except... this loud GPU fan....

I read all this discussion and try to use NBFC but no sucess.

Does someone can share a NBFC profile or other solution? Links no longer work

Thanks in advance