Acer Aspire C24 desktop - can't find/activate number lock

Options
mfarmer
mfarmer Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, the keypad keys are currently working as arrows as opposed to typing the numbers when it is used. I can't seem to get it switched back to the numbers working, please advise.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi!!

@mfarmer         

I request you to please share the image of your Keyboard showing all buttons. Hence, we can narrow down your keyboard issue. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Njell
    Njell Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem with Acer Aspire C27. There is no Num Lock key on the keyboard. Using Fn key isn't helping. 
  • Frustration
    Frustration Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Numbers not working on keypad. Arrow controls only. No numlock key showing on the keyboard! Aspire C24 PC / wireless keyboard.
  • HeatherSea
    HeatherSea Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have separate keys for arrows and numbers.  However, my number pad is not working.  I can't find a NumLock button either.  
  • Nazz78
    Nazz78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi I am having the same problem for my C27
    how can I change the numpad to be numbers instead of arrow

help!!
  • Nazz78
    Nazz78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Njell said:
    Same problem with Acer Aspire C27. There is no Num Lock key on the keyboard. Using Fn key isn't helping. 
    hi is your keyboard issue solved?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    What's the lock key shown at upper right on that image?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kelley
    Kelley Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem as everyone else. Does anyone know the solution to this?
  • Renfield64
    Renfield64 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This is a bit of a bodge-around but if you plug a USB keyboard into the PC, activate number lock then unplug it the number lock will be activated on the wireless keyboard.
  • noodleluvmay
    noodleluvmay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Just found a way around it!

Activate On-Screen Keyboard by: Windows+R, and type in "osk"

Activate the NumLock at bottom right, and you should be able to use the number pad. 
    The On-Screen Keyboard can be exited afterwards.
    It seems to be still working after restarting the computer. :)
  • Fktrctq
    Fktrctq Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, noodleluvmay.

Activate the NumLock at bottom right, and you should be able to use the number pad. 

Could not solve the problem. My on-screen keyboard looks different. There is no digital block of keys on it.

• IanHD
    IanHD Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thank you, problem solved - couldn't find a thing from Acer -I guess they forgot about numlock when commissioning the wireless keyboard for this model and are a bit red-in-the-face about admitting it :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The very first image in this thread show the numlock key, it's the one that looks like a calculator.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lily1102
    Lily1102 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the Window+R and osk tip.
    This is how it worked out for me finally.
    After the on screen key pads is out, click on option, then check activate number lock option, then the number lock onscreen key will be shown, press it and now number pads on the bluetooth keyboard can be used.

• masada
    masada Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

just click Function (Fn) + Right Shift.

i know there's no Num Lock in it. i just try and find out click Fn + RShift. If you want to make sure it's Num Lock, you can see On-Screen-Keyboard that Num Lock enable/disable. (even though it says there is a pause button, no num lock) acer should correct this.

I got same problem, but just now. maybe I'm late. I found my solution on myself. I hope this helps!

• Hogster
    Hogster Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tried all these suggestions and the thing STILL isn't working. I know the number keypad is not a vital component but it should stll be usable.

• Hogster
    Hogster Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Tried plugging a usb keyboard in and the number keypad didn't work on that either whether num lock was on or not. And here's a thing - when I go on my bank's website the number keypad works fine. Go figure as they say!!