reduce brightness step levels (Triton 500 PT515-51)

kromar
kromar Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2019 in Predator Laptops
does anyone know a way to change the brightness steps of the FN function from the default 10 to 1?  10 is just not good enough to find comfortable brightness levels, especially in dark environments.
i tried adding the MinimumStepPercentage registry entry but it does not have any impact on the brightness steps:( 
if anyone has a clue how this can be done that would be great!

@acer it would be great to have this option available;D

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Might get better noticed by ACER if you post.

[Edited link]

Jack E/NJ

• kromar

Tinkerer

thanks, i started a post here in case anyone wants to support the idea
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/573984/customizable-screen-brightness-levels/p1?new=1
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    kromar said:
    thanks, i started a post here in case anyone wants to support the idea
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/573984/customizable-screen-brightness-levels/p1?new=1
    Page says discussion couldn't be found.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Harvey-Acer_Retired
    Harvey-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 330 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    @kromar
    If you start a new post with the same query, it will be deleted, as it is a Duplicate one. 
    Please continue with this topic itself. 

Regards, 
    Acer-Harvey.
    Smile :)
  • kromar

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    @kromar
    If you start a new post with the same query, it will be deleted, as it is a Duplicate one. 
    Please continue with this topic itself. 

Regards, 
    Acer-Harvey.
    @Acer-Harvey
    how about you at least transfer the post then over into this thread or let me know before you close it that i can copy it over?
    and how about some answer to the topic? are you going to forward the idea to the development department or whats the process here? because i think there is nothing more to discuss, its required, its a improvement, your competitors dont have it, and its probably only a couple of hours work for a software developer.

oh and if this topic is not in the ideas section, will it be picked up? if not then you deleted the wrong thread and i would like you to delete this one and reopen the on in the ideas section. thanks

• It would be interesting for you to enter your device model @kromar

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kromar

Tinkerer

It would be interesting for you to enter your device model @kromar

i have a Triton 500 PT515-51
  • From what I understand, you want to decrease the brightness of the notebook, correct?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kromar

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    From what I understand, you want to decrease the brightness of the notebook, correct?
    no i want to have smaller steps to decrease/increase the brightness. the default steps are 10% with the built in fn key combination. i would like to lower that to 1%
  • OK! I understood. It really is a good idea. But I think it is necessary to create a driver.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    I may be wrong, but I think acer launch manager could gradually decrease the brightness of the display by pressing the fn key.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Yes but he wants to do it with the FN + -->  combo. Much more convenient that way. It can be done in Linux. But so far no suggestions for Windows. Another reason why the status quo in PC GUIs is about to be disrupted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    I think your idea has been noticed. Sometimes little improvements like this show up a few months in new ACER driver downloads with little fanfare. Things like being able to manually adjust KB backlight timers and FN key behaviors are starting to show up after requests like yours which seems reasonable. So  downloads should be checked every few weeks for possible new additions. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    I understood JackE. He wants to use the fn + command (left or right) to decrease or increase only by 1% at a time and not by 10%, ie he wants to dim or increase gradually. Now, if I'm not mistaken, does the acer launch manager gradually dim or dim the way it wants, or am I wrong?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    I think maybe it does. But apparently doesn't affect the FN+arrow step size. Other laptop brands behave similarly with their own versions of launch manager but no effect on the FN+arrow step size.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NewUXer
    NewUXer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes fully agree the idea to increase just brightness 1 by 1 instead of 10 by 10.  Absolutely necessary in low ambience light rooms.  Can Acer please do something about it?
  • JackE
    ACER services might but there's little this user's peer forum group can do about it.  We are only ACER users here  just like you. Trying to help other users. We're not ACER employees or contractors  or consultants or have much influence over them doing something about it. Sorry. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ