Is acre addressing the left side hinge issue (Acer CB 515-1HT-P)

Sdambrunn
Sdambrunn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
My mom bought an Acer CB 515-1HT-P 17 months ago. She only uses it in the kitchen on the table, she has never dropped it and is very cautious with it yet like sooooo many users the left hinge is broken causing the screen to sit at an angle. It is also causing the screen and its backing to separate. This was causing the computer to close and open programs on its own but today it just stop turning on. And the frame around the screen is now cracked. Considering the tender care and light use my mom has done with this the damage is unacceptable. I did not buy the extended warranty because of the expected light use. This amount of damage with an issue that has plagued Acer for years should be cover by Acer hands down! The computer only cost $400 if the repair is half that much I will go with a different brand. If the repair is less than a 1/4 the price I need to know who will do this Acer or Best Buy?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Hinges and the video ribbons that pass thru them are the most stressed areas on any laptop, especially with plastic as opposed to ruggedized metal cases. Thus opening/closing the lid too much should be avoided except when physically moving machines from one place to another. To prevent further damage, the hinge can usually be repaired by the user with 2-part epoxies like JBWeld. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ