X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

1222324252628»

Answers

• Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Aldur67 said:
    The flickering is gone for me too. I was a bit concerned at first because the update failed with a message about not being able to normalize the settings. So I tried to run the updater again and I received the message that my monitor was ineligible to update. So it looks like it updated correctly as the flickering is gone.  I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there that might get the "unable to normalize settings" warning.

Also, I had my X35 set to the User color settings, the firmware update set it to the Standard color settings and also reset my Relative Gamma settings to default. Easy fix but just another heads up for everyone.
    Which settings do you use on your monitor?

Relative Gamma: +0.3
    SDR Colors sRGB: Off
    DP YCbCr sRGB: Off
    HDMI YCbCr sRGB: Off
    Color Temp. : User
    Red Color: 75
    Green Color: 88
    Blue Color: 100
  • dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    For those of you who have trouble updating new firmware, check out the tutorial guide. Video was very informative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1cOl1eKdI&t=193s
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    Ive updated the firmware but in some games im still seeing very thin lines of yellow and green strips about a pixel width in shadowy yellow smoke lit areas. Also I am still getting lines showing on the osd sometimes. No flickering as yet though
  • Boatkettlecheese
    edited January 2020
    Only see it on the forklift. Still lines that show only in movement. They used to statically show though

Anyone else get this? Should I send this in?
  • SonicB0000M
    SonicB0000M Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Only see it on the forklift. Still lines that show only in movement. They used to statically show though

Anyone else get this? Should I send this in
    I get scan lines still in Forza Horizon 4, no flickering though in any games.
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Anyone else get this? Should I send this in
    I get scan lines still in Forza Horizon 4, no flickering though in any games.
    I have about 60,000km driven in FH4. There were certain areas in which the scanlines would appear, but after the update I can't find any evidence at all of scanlines in the game in those areas. Perhaps you could take a screen shot in the area that is producing and then I will try to reproduce it. So far I've only played FH4 but will be playing 3 others in the coming days.

PACO572
  • Ilcose
    Ilcose Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Anyone else get this? Should I send this in?
    Yes, this is what i said yesterday After the update testing War Thunder. The problem Was heavily mitigateD since there are no more Heavy and flickering scanlines but this faint scanlines durinG moviments are still present on certain patterns. 

• Ventris
    Ventris Member Posts: 5 New User
    Can't install update. Always error. Disable all things, also wathed video nothing help
  • Boatkettlecheese
    It was the same for me, I had to click the nvidia reset all settings logo before it worked.
  • Ventris
    Ventris Member Posts: 5 New User
    It was the same for me, I had to click the nvidia reset all settings logo before it worked.
    Did it. Solution was turn off/on monitor.
  • Junyosenkan
    Junyosenkan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hey Guys,
    can you show me please, how these 3 Pictures look on your monitor? (with stock settings)
    Here you can see my results, i get a lot of issues on the first 2 pics :x
    https://imgur.com/a/Y58vwLM
    If I connect my old Monitor (Asus PB298Q) i don't have any problems.

• Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Hey Guys,
    can you show me please, how these 3 Pictures look on your monitor? (with stock settings)
    Here you can see my results, i get a lot of issues on the first 2 pics :x
    https://imgur.com/a/Y58vwLM
    If I connect my old Monitor (Asus PB298Q) i don't have any problems.

These pictures look fine on my monitor.
  • HAL_9000
    HAL_9000 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Junyosenkan
    that looks to me like color compression. are you using schoma subsampling ? (for 10 bit color @ 200Hz, you must drop some color information with DP1.4)
  • Junyosenkan
    Junyosenkan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@HAL_9000
    No, I don't use chroma subsampling.
    I also tried a clean NVIDIA driver installation (uninstalled with display driver uninstaller) but nothing changed.
    Even if I switch from standard to these NVIDIA settings, the issues continue.

(Sorry for the German text btw)
    But now comes the weird thing: If I change the output color format from RGB to YCbCr444 OR YCbCr422 the graphic issues disappear.

• HAL_9000
    HAL_9000 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    then you should use YCbCr444 for best image quality. i believe the RGB color space does not contain all the YCbCr444 colors.
    YCbCr422 is using chroma subsampling.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2020
    Hi all,

This thread will be now closed as the solution was provided. If you're experiencing andy other issues than [flickering], please create a new thread with the issue description or contact your local support channels.

Note: If you need technical assistance (under warranty) you need to contact the support line or chat https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left-hand side you will find an option “contact support”.

Thank you again for your patience,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.