X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• Ilcose
    Ilcose Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Feklar said:
    +1. I can't believe Asus found the issue and will remedy it while Acer says nothing. Times like this make me wish I had dismissed my Acer monitor loyalty and went with Asus for this model. How frustrating.
    I'm in contact with acer's italian support wasting time for nothing since weeks. The only thing they can do Is to say: open an RMA and send It back. Ok, for what? Every unit has those problem so this Is useless... So they ask me to provide videos, pictures and so on. Did It, now they ask me again to RMA It to try to replicate the issue in their laboratories. Came on WTF Acer?!?

Now i linked directly the ASUS communicate asking for an update about the situation. I think my mail this time Will remain unanswered....
  • Feklar
    Feklar Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Tech support phone agents for Acer are not technicians and therefore have no clue what we are even referring to. I talked to them twice and they said the same thing. Send it in for testing. When I questioned what would be repaired and why they didn't know about it, they hung up the phone on me. Twice. Absolutely rude and clueless. I saw this today. You may need google translate. You would think Acer would be more concerned about their customers but it seems only the reps on Twitter are concerned probably because of the potential of bad press only. Shame.

https://www.prad.de/pg35vq-asus-plant-firmware-update-gegen-bildfehler/
  • antych
    antych Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

It's best not to deal with them directly. If you can, buy it somewhere where can return it without a fuss. In EU you have minimum 14 days to get a full refund on online purchases, faulty or not. Use your legal rights, avoid manufacturer warranty. Test it properly after purchase and send it back immediately while you still can.
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

kot0005 said:
    This is great news. 1000nit HDR Gaming will soon be a reality. I'm glad I'm keeping mine. 
    I'm glad to be back too.

PACO572
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Would really like to know if Acer are going to update also to get rid of this issue.  Despite what people on here were saying this turns out to be just an lcd panel colour patten sensitivity.
  • scottba
    scottba Member Posts: 8 New User
    I got my predator x35 sometime in Sep 19. First thing I do is set up the monitor, my games did not flicker. 

But occasionally when window did a update or Nvidia have driver update, monitor setting change back to default setting and game will flicker again. I would update the setting again to fix the flickering. 
  • dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    ASUS has announced that they're planning to release new firmware update at the end of December 2019 for ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ. Here's what it says on ASUS FAQ site: "ROG Swift PG35VQ may flicker infrequently and show vertical lines while displaying graphics from certain games.  We have found the issue to be an LCD panel sensitivity to certain colored patterns. ASUS has resolved this issue in a firmware update, which will be available for download as an update utility by the end of December 2019.ROG Swift PG35VQ monitors with serial numbers where the second character is '6,' '7,' '8,' '9', 'A' or 'B' (e.g., J6LMQS002053, ) are eligible for this update. Please contact ASUS customer service if any other enquiries." So is ACER aware of flickering issue for PG35VQ and do you guys think they will release firmware update at the end of December 2019?  https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041768
  • dlim389
    I am having flickering issue, and I hope Acer will release firmware update by the end of December 2019. https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1041768/

• Feklar
    I'm with you there, however the chances are slim and none and slim just left town.
  • dlim389
    edited December 2019
    Okay guys, I just spoke to Manny and they are aware of flickering issue for ACER Predator X35, but unfortunately they don't know when they will release new firmware update utility in public since they're still waiting for a word from NVIDIA. But hopefully, they should release firmware update utility by the end of December 2019 or early January 2020. In the meantime, spread this issue and get NVIDIA's attention to partner with ACER to immediately address flickering issue. 
    XXXXXX

NVIDIA Customer Care:
    https://twitter.com/nvidiacc

Manuel Guzman, Software QA at NVIDIA:
    https://twitter.com/ManuelGuzman

Sean Pelletier, product manager for GeForce Game Ready Driver:
    https://twitter.com/PellyNV

Official NVIDIA GeForce Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• Feklar
    edited December 2019
    So this is Nvidia's fault? Does that mean that Acer is blaming them and it's their responsibility to remedy? It's a Gsync module issue then? Really?
  • dlim389
    edited December 2019
    Probably yes... Right now, all we can do is wait until ACER get a response from NVIDIA to immediately address flickering issue, regarding ACER Predator X35. Once that is done, hopefully they'll be ready to release new firmware update utility in public to finally get rid of persistent flickering issue by either end of December 2019 or early January 2020. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi all,

We keep working closely with NVIDIA and currently testing a firmware that should resolve the flickering issue, we hope to have it available soon for users to download, but we do not have an ETA yet, as soon we have a solution and more details to provide we will update this thread and will provide an FAQ.

Thank you all for your patience,
    Acer-Manny
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Thank you Manny.

Cheers
    PACO572
  • Feklar
    Sounds good Manny. Great that it will be a download as well since sending the monitor back is not something any of us want to do I'm sure.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Feklar said:
    Sounds good Manny. Great that it will be a download as well since sending the monitor back is not something any of us want to do I'm sure.
    We are hoping that! but i can't guarantee that the final fix will be a download as we are on testing stages.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Uzap
    Uzap Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Thanks Manny for the update. This is the best news update so far)
  • Merlinios
    Merlinios Member Posts: 2 New User
    Well Done @Acer-Manny
  • scottba
    scottba Member Posts: 8 New User
    edited December 2019
    My monitor is not flickering. I was wondering. The game I tried: Monster Hunter world, Mechwarrior Online, CSGO, Titanfall, dota 2, Kenshi, Anthem, Heroes of the storm, etc. I still have some other owned games I haven't try with this monitor.

Any some free-to-play game that is flickering? I am curious.
  • antych
    antych Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Flickering is harder to spot than vertical lines because it needs a moving image, but the two issues are related. Just use the images provided in the thread and look for the lines instead.
This discussion has been closed.