Can I Upgrade CPU on my ACER NITRO 5 AN515-42-R5ED

CR1S_507
CR1S_507 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming
I would like to know is it possible to upgrade my CPU on my Acer Nitro 5. If it is not possible, why? I don't care if I void the warranty by doing that. My laptop model is AN515-42-R5ED.
[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good evening CR1S_507 !

It's not possible.
    Current devices have processors integrated (soldered) directly on the motherboard, not possible to change or upgrade.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good evening CR1S_507 !

It's not possible.
    Current devices have processors integrated (soldered) directly on the motherboard, not possible to change or upgrade.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Hudza12
    Hudza12 Member Posts: 81 Fixer WiFi Icon
    @MaClane so we only can upgrade our RAM and memory (SSD/HDD) ?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Hudza12 said:

Yes compatible RAM and Memory for your model here at Crucial
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/an515-42-r5ed#MEMORYFilters

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MaClane
    Hudza12 said:

In terms of upgrade that generates some performance yes, only RAM and SSD.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• K0de
    K0de Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    edited March 2020
    Hudza12 said:
    @MaClane so we only can upgrade our RAM and memory (SSD/HDD)?
    To be frank with you, if your into upgrading a computer, you bought the wrong thing.. upgrading a laptop is over rated.. you really should just buy a Shell and make your own computer or buy a budget one with a nice shell and somewhat nice guts and upgrade accordingly.. upgrading RAM and adding a nice SSD is just about all you really want to do for a laptop.. laptops are very tricky if you haven't any experience.. so many thing you must be careful with when opening one. Go onto a buy/sell app and buy a budget Desktop and buy nice parts at your expense.. 
  • tkalfaoglu
    tkalfaoglu Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

What if we were electronically skilled.. Can we de-solder the old CPU and solder in a socket in its place and then insert a more powerful CPU?