Annoying Fan Noise Acer a715-72g

ctrl12
ctrl12 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7 (A715-72G). The fan makes a very annoying "clicking" noise while idle and under no stress. I thought it was the preinstalled HDD, so I removed it and replaced it with an SSD, but the sound persists. The noise seems to be coming from the front end of the machine. I disassembled the laptop and manually rotated the two cooling fans, but they don't make any noise. I thought something, like a sticker, was hitting the fan blades as they moved, but both fans look fine. I'm really confused where this clicking noise is coming from. It's not too audible, but in a quiet room its quite irritating.

Has anyone had this issue before? What can I do? Can anyone please help me? Thanks!

Answers

• Bobvnn
    Bobvnn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got the similar issue with the Vnitro, even dont know why it happened sometimes ago. hope someone found it out
  • LouisM
    LouisM Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    I recognize this. I have an Acer Aspire 7 (A715-74G-7602) since the beginning of December 2019. A sound like a rattling fan makes a very annoying "clicking" noise while idle and under no stress. At a later point I will try to record it. The sound is not present all of the time. Some time after starting to use the laptop the rattling sound comes up. Location of the sound seems to be front right when using the laptop. I tried to play with the CoolBoost feature in the  Acer QuickAccess App. When switching the Coolboost on, the rattling sound changes. But I've also noticed the rattling sound being there with CoolBoost switched on. When I then switched Coolboost off, the rattling sound stopped.
    I wonder whether it could be some lose screw/nut/bolt vibrating within.
    I mention this because this is my second A715-74G-7602. The first A715-74G-7602 I returned back to the firm I bought it from, because unboxing it to look whether it was OK, and whether the screen was OK, turning the laptop upside down, gave a sound like 10 mini pieces of iron where cascading inside. The shop I brought this first A715-74G-7602 back to considered this laptop to have a DOA status, since we did not dare to power it up, with probably pieces of iron cascading and/ or making unwanted electrical connections inside.
    Therefore I also think of a possible ''loose'/not perfectly attached screw/nut/bolt item inside now.
    Moving this second A715-74G-7602 gently in more directions influences the rattling sound level, but until now it does not go away with this slow movements.