Acer Swift SF314-56 driver update question.

dumble
dumble Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I recently got this new swift 3. 
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IL/content/support-product/7812?b=1

First thing I did was reinstall windows to latest 1903 to get rid of bloatware. Now im trying to get the latest drivers but I was wondering if I could install the latest INTEL drivers from the INTEL website or do I need to use the ones from the ACER website? 
For example the Intel RST drivers. 
Current version installed (from win10 update): 15.44.0.1010
Latest version on ACER: 17.0.0.1072
Latest version on INTEL: 17.5.1.1021

I ask because on Intel it gives this warning;
"Note: Intel recommends that end users utilize driver updates provided by their system manufacturer/provider or via Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. System manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended."

^^ Is this the case for the acer swift 3? ^^

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning dumble !

Nothing prevents you from using the drivers directly from the producers.
    The drivers provided by Acer are tested and approved for the release versions of the devices.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!