Can I install 64-bit Windows 10 on my Aspire Switch 10 (SW5-012)?

emvaized
emvaized Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I found some old answers on the web for this question, where people say it's impossible.

But now I found some 64-bit bluetooth drivers on the official download page for this device, what caused me to rise this question again. So is it possible to install 64-bit Windows on Switch 10, and if so, will it be working fine? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Did your model come with windows 8.1?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • emvaized
    Did your model come with windows 8.1?
    Yes. And then it was officially updated to Windows 10 32-bit (as it came with 8.1 32-bit).
  • Can you enter the exact model of your notebook? Example sw5-012-11e6. See this link also: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/295310/#Comment_295310
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • emvaized
    Can you enter the exact model of your notebook? Example sw5-012-11e6. See this link also: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/295310/#Comment_295310
    How can I check this exact model?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emvaized
    Serial Number: NTL4TAA020
    SNID: 5144975707
  • The processor of your model is capable of executing instructions in 64bits. The problem is that you must increase the amount of ram:
    Also, you will probably lose the recovery partition from Acer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emvaized
    The processor of your model is capable of executing instructions in 64bits. The problem is that you must increase the amount of ram:
    Also, you will probably lose the recovery partition from Acer.
    Unfortunately, this model doesn't support increasing the amount of ram, as far as I know. It has unibody case.
  • This model has very limited hardware. Also, as there is little ram memory, it is ideal to stay with the 32bit version.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emvaized
    This model has very limited hardware. Also, as there is little ram memory, it is ideal to stay with the 32bit version.
    The case is that some software I need simply doesn't run on 32-bit Windows :)
  • What is the software?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emvaized
    What is the software?
    SDK for Flutter development. Now it supports only 64-bit systems. 
  • Have you checked the video above?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emvaized
    Have you checked the video above?
    Yes. It's just a basic instruction on how to install Windows from USB. But it's not the topic of my question.
  • Theoretically it is possible. However, I recommend that you back up the operating system image using the Acer care center.
    Then upgrade the bios to the latest version. It is a risky procedure and I am not responsible for any damage.
    You can try the following:
    You must select the x64 option (the only one that works in uefi mode) and then select download in .iso format!
    2) enter the powershell as administrator and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs=fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!
    3) Extract the iso x64 and paste the files on the pendrive!
    4) then enter the BIOS by pressing f2 when turning on the laptop, disable the secureboot by creating a password in setsupervisorpassword, select mode uefi and place the pendrive first and hd second in the boot section or press f12 and select the pendrive! After the first reboot, you should put ssd first!
    5) inside the windows 10 installation! Press shift + f10 and type notepad.exe and save your files to another USB stick if you need to back up!
    6) to activate, just put the same email and password at the end of the process you used to activate the notebook first!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emvaized
    Theoretically it is possible. However, I recommend that you back up the operating system image using the Acer care center.
    Then upgrade the bios to the latest version. It is a risky procedure and I am not responsible for any damage.
    You can try the following:
    You must select the x64 option (the only one that works in uefi mode) and then select download in .iso format!
    2) enter the powershell as administrator and enter these commands to program the pendrive to boot: diskpart, list disk, sel disk x (x is the number of pendrive), clean, convert gpt, create partition primary, format fs=fat32 quick and assign! "Give enter in each command"!
    3) Extract the iso x64 and paste the files on the pendrive!
    4) then enter the BIOS by pressing f2 when turning on the laptop, disable the secureboot by creating a password in setsupervisorpassword, select mode uefi and place the pendrive first and hd second in the boot section or press f12 and select the pendrive! After the first reboot, you should put ssd first!
    5) inside the windows 10 installation! Press shift + f10 and type notepad.exe and save your files to another USB stick if you need to back up!
    6) to activate, just put the same email and password at the end of the process you used to activate the notebook first!

Okay, I will give it a try. Thanks.
  • Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    IIRC the issue will be missing 64bit drivers...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.