Acer Predator G5-793 > 2nd internal HDD bay upgrade

Dariusdd
Dariusdd Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I wanted to ask whether anybody here knows the serial number/SKU/name for the part I pointed out in this picture?
I wanted to upgrade my G5-793 with an HDD caddy for more storage, but this linking part is missing from my unit (due to it not being equipped with a DVD bay).
Has anybody tried this before? Is there any commercially available alternative found on the internet?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    HDD cable Part number:50.Q04N5.001
    Caddy Part number: 42.Q04N5.004
    These parts are common for G5-793 and G9-793, so please read this thread for more information, you have to get the cable but if you use any soft packing material to secure the hard drive, you can avoid buying a rubber caddy, anyway it's up to you.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533520/how-to-get-the-hdd-caddy-and-sata-cable-to-install-a-second-drive-in-my-predator-helios-300/p3
    Examples:https://www.mk-electronic.de/eng/items/show/50.Q04N5.001
    https://www.mk-electronic.de/eng/items/show/42.Q04N5.004

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Colleague brummyfan2 has already answered. It will probably work, but you should see if the port will be active in uefi bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dariusdd
    Nope, sadly what brummyfan2 pointed out wasn't what I need, I already have an HDD mounted in its proper place. I want to mount a caddy inside the empty space left where the ODD would have been in the G9 chassis, since the G5 doesn't come with one. The MOBO still has the connector, but i can't mount anything there due to the metal studs that block my path. Hence why I pointed out that part in particular.
    @egydiocoelho I saw your previous response, but I couldn't get to check it out in time on my computer before you edited it out, so I am unsure which part you've linked there, other than it being different from the ones mentioned by brummy.
    Thanks for answering by the way!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dariusdd
    Yes, that was the part I was looking for! Thank you for the help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited July 2019
    Colleague @brummyfan2 had posted the correct information before me!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer