Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Chromebook screen rotation doesn't work when USB mouse is connected(R11 CB5-132T)

Z_NCZ_NC Posts: 2Member New User
edited July 28 in Chromebooks
This is a well-known bug. Acer Chromebook R11 CB5-132T, but I understand this is a problem with other if not all Chromebooks.  When USB dongle for wireless mouse (I'm using Logitech M187) is inserted, screen auto-rotation does not work when put Chromebook in tent configuration.  Have to go to Settings/Displays/Internal Display/Orientation and manually set it to 180 degrees.  This is pretty fundamental stuff and has been a known problem for years, how about you guys fix it?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,093ACE Trailblazer
    Sorry, a system orientation response like this to an HID that's normally used in non-tablet mode is not usually considered a bug. Jack E/NJ
  • Z_NCZ_NC Posts: 2Member New User
    "Bug" or not, it's a customer-unfriendly nuisance that should be fixed, and a quick Google search reveals that plenty of customers have raised the issue over a long period of time.  I have a use case where I need to put the Chromebook in tent config in order to minimize its physical footprint but need to use a mouse rather than the touchscreen.  I have to manually change the orientation before I flip it.  Then, sometimes in the middle of what I'm doing I need to *quickly* turn it back over and use the keyboard, then *quickly* flip it back to tent again.  Having to go into settings in the middle of all this to change the orientation again, not once but twice, is quite inconvenient and should not be necessary.
  • JackEJackE Posts: 17,093ACE Trailblazer
    I suggest posting your views on this in the ACER IDEAS section https://community.acer.com/en/categories/ideas  which is supposed to get better attention by influential ACER officials on preference issues like this. Jack E/NJ