Acer swift 3 upgrade question SF314-56

Options
ThirtyThirty
ThirtyThirty Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone

I am really looking forward to buying my first Acer laptop (after my sony but the dust), and the sleek metallic design of the Swift 3 has
caught my undivided attention.

I am currently planning on buying this model next week https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7812?b=1
The particular one in the store I'm planning to buy it from has 4gb ram and a 256gb SSD.
The more expensive version of this swift 3 model has a UHD 620 and a Geforce MX150 2gb.

My question is: will I be able to take it to an Acer repair center to upgrade it to 8gb and put in a larger SSD? Will I void my
warranty in doing so because they have to open it and work on it?
Lastly, and I'm all but sure the answer is no but I thought I'd just make 100% sure. Seeing as the SF314-56G has both a UHD620
and a Geforce MX150, is it possible to have a repair center add a Geforce MX150?
I could just buy the SF314-56G, but it's a bit beyond my budget, so I'm wondering if I can essentially upgrade an SF314-56
to a SF314-56G in this way at a later date?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Ideally you should buy a sf314-56g. I also suggest that you check this site: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-56G/112675
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ThirtyThirty
    ThirtyThirty Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you egydiocoelho, I think I'll do that then and avoid the hassle by just going for the sf314-56g. It'll burn my pocket a bit, but it should be worth it in the end.