PLEASE HELP! Mic not working on Predator Galea 500 (< 1 yr old), how do I find serial # for support?

Options
twloe
twloe Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
PLEASE HELP!!  Predator Galea 500 headset powers on and can hear audio, but mic is not working - running on a CyberPower PC w/ Windows 10.  It is <1 yr old and I have the original box which has a sticker on the back containing what one would think would be every thing needed:  PN #, EAN #, JAN #, Mfg Date, and UPC # along with 3 Barcodes.  When I call or go online for support, they both require a Serial # or SNID # before you can even speak with someone.  I have tried every number on this barcode sticker as well as variants, but they all get denied.  I can't even speak with a person to explain...  I looked all over the Galea headset itself, but cannot see any number on the device.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET HELP WITH THIS?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.  If this helps, I'll give some info from the sticker:  PN:  NP.HDS1A.003
Many thanks for any help,
twloe

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    twloe said:
    PLEASE HELP!!  Predator Galea 500 headset powers on and can hear audio, but mic is not working - running on a CyberPower PC w/ Windows 10.  It is <1 yr old and I have the original box which has a sticker on the back containing what one would think would be every thing needed:  PN #, EAN #, JAN #, Mfg Date, and UPC # along with 3 Barcodes.  When I call or go online for support, they both require a Serial # or SNID # before you can even speak with someone.  I have tried every number on this barcode sticker as well as variants, but they all get denied.  I can't even speak with a person to explain...  I looked all over the Galea headset itself, but cannot see any number on the device.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN GET HELP WITH THIS?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.  If this helps, I'll give some info from the sticker:  PN:  NP.HDS1A.003
    Many thanks for any help,
    twloe

Hi,
    Search for Alphanumerical number digit on the box,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact for support.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• twloe
    Options
    Du_little   thanks for reaching out to help.  Unfortunately, the only Alphanumeric number on the barcode sticker on the back of the box is the one I included in my original post (the PN #), and it does not work.  It says "The entered serial number or snid is invalid".  As I mentioned, there are 3 barcodes on the sticker with multiple numbers, but none say SN (serial number) or SNID... so very frustrating.  And again, I cannot gain access to a support person at Acer unless I first enter one of these numbers...  Thanks again for reaching out.
    twloe
  • twloe
    Options
    UPDATE:  Today I called Acer corporate office and explained my situation and need for help.  I was connected directly with a customer support agent who listened patiently as I explained my problem.  He then emailed me a link to provide my proof of purchase.  He stated that after I upload the proof of purchase, they will review and contact me directly to set up a return/exchange.  Both of the people at Acer I spoke with were incredibly kind and sympathetic.  They did not hesitate to offer assistance and assured me that everything would be taken care of.  I am extremely pleased with Acer's Customer Support and very grateful they are making things right.  Quite impressed so far...