BIOS Settings Grayed Out - ACER E5-475

bangbegobet
bangbegobet Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
How to fix BIOS Settings Grayed Out? I can't choose any options. Please help me, guys!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    What are you trying to do? To access most grayed out or  unchangeable options, you must first set and save a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bangbegobet
    JackE said:
    What are you trying to do? To access most grayed out or  unchangeable options, you must first set and save a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password. Jack E/NJ
    I just want to re-install my OS, but I can't choose any options. I can't set supervisor password only user password and hdd password.
  • JackE
    What was the factory installed operating system? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bangbegobet
    JackE said:
    What was the factory installed operating system? Jack E/NJ
    Windows 10
  • bangbegobet
    I try unplugging CMOS battery keep not working
  • JackE
    Hold on!!! Turn the machine completely off. Then turn it back on again and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You can either reset the machine to a factory-fresh Windows 10 state. Or you can try to refresh Windows 10 while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bangbegobet
    JackE said:
    Hold on!!! Turn the machine completely off. Then turn it back on again and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You can either reset the machine to a factory-fresh Windows 10 state. Or you can try to refresh Windows 10 while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ

I try, but can't reslove BIOS
  • JackE
    edited July 2019
    You said earlier >>>I just want to re-install my OS>>>

The ALT+F10 cold boot reset WILL re-install the OS. You don't have to do anything with the BIOS to re-install the OS. What else are you trying to do? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bangbegobet
    JackE said:
    You said earlier >>>I just want to re-install my OS>>>

The ALT+F10 cold boot reset WILL re-install the OS. You don't have to do anything with the BIOS to re-install the OS. What else are you trying to do? Jack E/NJ
    Before re-install OS I just want fixed BIOS.
  • JackE
    The set supervisor password image you posted earlier does not seem to be grayed out. You have not selected it. You've only selected set user password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• agung_setiawan
    agung_setiawan Member Posts: 1 New User
    how about your pc condition now? is it fixed?